• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

C-4 and a Colt Anaconda 44 magnum

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Because of the current powder shortage I've had to substitute C-4 for H110. Which has resulted in excessive recoil. My question : How effective is "Magna Porting" a barrel ?

Re: C-4 and a Colt Anaconda 44 magnum

Make sure you use magnum detonators, er... primers.

Did you use a manual or did you just go with some load you found on the interwebs?

That can be dangerous I've heard...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because of the current powder shortage I've had to substitute C-4 for H110. Which has resulted in excessive recoil. My question : How effective is "Magna Porting" a barrel ? </div></div>

Back when the world was young,C4 was the prescription for sabotaging enemy ammo, especially .51 cal,23mm,&37mm. I think out of respect for the tender sensebilitys of your fellow man you should post the location of your next trials that one might avoid them. As far as magna porting, why bother, why not just weld an Armalite style brake on? jmnho

I think you need to put the ports on each cylinder forget the barrel.
det-cord also works wonders, and easier to load.