• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

C Products magazines?

Re: C Products magazines?

I had one for my POF 308 and I didn't care for it. I'll stick with the DPMS and P-mags.

I bought 4 and had the same issue, then after trying to polish, modify and changed followers on 1 I gave up and sent the other 3 back.

I've never had a problem with mine. I've been through the factory several times. Excellent customer service. You can buy direct from them. Mil/Le discounts.

I bought two 10 rounders for my Rem/AICS. First round would feed but nothing after. I appeared that the first round would drag on the next and lodge it under the feed ramp. Sent them both back and bought AI Mag. Issues solved, work perfectly. Guess I got what I paid for with the C's.

C Products is a good company. They have good customer service and will take care of the issue and make it right with you.

The USMC didn't have spare magazines when my son was in Afghanistan a few years ago and he was repairing his M-4 mags with duct tape. C Products came through for me and I sent them to my son to use while he fought in the Afghanistan mountains. They worked under tough field conditions and full auto use. My son purchased 50 CProducts Mags and took them with him to share with his friends when he deployed to Iraq.

Those mags went through more than anyone will ever know!

Contact CProducts and they will take care of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are there 30 round 7.62x39 mags? </div></div>

I've had really good luck with five of them over the last 5 years. My only gripe with C-Products is that they have been S L O W to ship every time I've ordered from them. I've been waiting over a month for some springs to arive.

Glad I saw this thread! I was just going to post a new one asking the same thing about the .308 mags myself. To be fair, it appears to be apples to oranges with the type of mags discussed. I have a couple CProducts 5.56 and 6.8 mags and I haven't had any problems.

I was looking to get the .308 AICS copy mags made by CProducts from midway as linked in the first post. I'll pass on them now since they guys commenting on those paticular mags don't have much good to say about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Use them in my 6.5 Grendel. Good stuff so far.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great mags, I use them on my 6.5 Grendel and never have any problems.</div></div>

I can say the same. And the same with my 5.56. They are made of stainless steel so a little heavier than standard GI mags.

<span style="color: #6600CC">Edit:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are there 30 round 7.62x39 mags?</div></div>

I use these (2) while fire-forming 7.62x39 rounds. They work great so far.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: isptroop38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad I saw this thread! I was just going to post a new one asking the same thing about the .308 mags myself. To be fair, it appears to be apples to oranges with the type of mags discussed. I have a couple CProducts 5.56 and 6.8 mags and I haven't had any problems.

I was looking to get the .308 AICS copy mags made by CProducts from midway as linked in the first post. I'll pass on them now since they guys commenting on those paticular mags don't have much good to say about them. </div></div>

Same here, was gonna order 6 or 7 C-products mags from Midway but instead I'll spend some more and get the AICS originals after seeing this thread.

I wasn't aware that Magpul made mags for the AICS system.

I'll have to look those up!
smile.gif

I don't think Magpul makes an AICS compatible magazine, I think the people above were just relating their experiences with C-products magazines in their semi-auto platforms.

While you are looking up AICS compatible magazines check out Alpha Mag Industries, a fantastic magazine IMO at very good price, so good in fact I can't see myself buying anymore AI magazines.

I own a Remington 700 TLR in an AI 2.0 Chasis system.

I read that the C Products units don't feature the signature "plate" that runs up the inside front of AI mags. This appeals to me as my factory barrel's throat would like bullets seated about an additional .25" but my AICS mags won't allow that.

However, I've since learned the "plate" can be removed from AICS mags - I'll have to look closely at mine when I get home and see what they may entail (I think I'd rather modify AICS mags than go with C Products mags after reading the postings here).

On top of that, I'm wondering if that plate is present due to the length of the openening in the bottom of Remington 700 receivers as they come from the factory (if I were to seat my bullets out a bit farther, would they now catch on the bottom of the feedramp)? If so, is this why the C Products mags are malfunctioning?

Finally, I just purchased a Ruger Scout rifle. It included one 10 round AICS-style magazine (from "Accu Mag" or something). Now that I'm aware of all these differences, I'll have to look that one over (Plate? No plate? Tight fit? Rattle? Jams?).

Anybody with any info on any of this?

First i will start by saying that c products is a great company that makes great mags.
smile.gif

Having said that, i think that to be fair to the Cproducts mags one should know that in order to have the longer OAL that the mags Allow you will need to modify your feed ramp on your stock Rem700 action to prevent the longer round from getting stuck under it.

This is the same with any manufacturer that offers the longer OAL.
It was mentioned earlier that Alpha Mag Industries mags are great and function well.
Having never used one of the alpha mags i have nothing negative to say about them. They look like a well made product and have some attractive lines etc. The reason i brought them up is that on the Alpha mags website they have a 308 mag type 1 and a 308 mag type 2.
The type 1 mags have the traditional OAL and have no special instructions other than they are made for the AICS style chasis or bottom metal. The type 2 mags however, which would be the very close to the Cproducts mags longer OAL, make mention of the need to change the feed ramp to allow proper feeding.

Here is the link.
smile.gif

http://www.alphaindmfg.com./store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Lets compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.
smile.gif

Hope this helps.
smile.gif