• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes C2 Reticle for 1.8-10

Re: C2 Reticle for 1.8-10

Just wanted to pop in and ask if the preliminary reticle design has been approved and settled on, and what it might look like. I haven't seen any activity on this thread for a while and thought I'd bring it up again to see if anyone else is interested and see where things currently stand.

Any update as to where things are on the 1.8-10X. Also, any new info on what mounts will work?

Thanks

Another bump. The 1.5-6X SN-4 C2 group buy has come and gone. Any hope that the 1.8-10x reticle is almost ready for unveiling in the near future?

The reticle design is done. At least from my head/computer to John and company. There were significantly more engineering hurdles to make this one work than on the 1.5 - 6X. That and you guys kept coming up with good ideas that I had to work in.....
laugh.gif

I hope to hear all is a go come Monday from John. That should put production on line for a July/August Group Buy
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Once I get the "Official" drawings I will post them and explain the "special feature" of the scope. I think you guys will really like what we were able to pull off. This is going to rock the CQB/DMR and 600 and in crowd for AR platforms. Gonna be a great brush gun / open field hunting reticle also.

Cheers,

Doc

I really want it so the wait is well worth it. Look forward to seeing the "special feature"! I have a Mk12 Mod1 SPR clone itching for this thing.

CS,

It's funny you mention the MK12....... considering where I live.

John and I have been playing phone tag but I hope to get with him to nail things down. If this goes the way it was designed it will be on the T-PAL Platform. I just need to make sure the engineering hurdles are crossed prior to letting the cat out of the bag. I think you guys will dig this reticle and on the 1.8 - 10X platform it might just flip the "precision go fast" bubbas on their ears.

Cheers,

Doc

Any possible way to increase the illumination to be daylight visible?

Just so I'm clear the reticles are scaled/designed for the T-pal version?

Doc, not sure what you have up your sleeve but I trust it will be GTG as the 6x C2 looks to be. As per our previous PM string you suggested that EREK isnt wasnt really needed on the 1.5-6X C2 as the ret allows for easy use of hold overs. Would you maintain that premise for the 1.8-10X as well? Just trying to decide on configuration so any suggestion is welcome.

Speaking of EREK...what would be the chances of the Low Profile EREK's being available by the time the reticles come in?

Are the 1.8-10 T-Pals going to be 37mm or 44mm Obj's?

Who is taking the orders on this one, USO West or East?

Just when I thought the C2 1.5-6X SN4 was the ticket I find this thread and think I'm changing my mind to this one instead.

Anchor,

When the reticles become available JBW#3 will make a scope with the prototype to make sure it does what it's supposed to do and send it to me. Then I will take it to Kent for approval. At that time he will decide to do a group buy or some other offering, or shit can it. It will be available through C2 or Me exclusively for a year as is the original C2 reticle.

I'm not letting the cat out of the bag on the 10X C2's but if they come out the way I intend it's gonna ROCK!!!

The 1.5 - 6X's were designed for CQB or M-4's

The 1.8 - 10X will be the hot ticket for DMR as well as hunting (kinda the same thing if you think about it) they will be very nicely suited to the AR-10 (MK-11) platform as well as the MK-12-ish series of performance AR-15 platforms.

The C2 T-PAL's will be in 37mm.

The Mini-EREK I can't comment on as that is JBW#3's baby but it would be a perfect fit for the 10X C2. I hope they some how. magically come to fruition at the same time
cool.gif

As far as pumping up the illumination for day ops, a battery is what it is. FWIW I've not had an issue running half power and transitioning from day to dark and slamming the target scenario.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Doc

The standard EREK is cool and all but the US#4 (Mini- EREK) fits the smaller profile scopes much better visually. I don't know all the particulars of it as I haven't seen one yet.

US#4 Milestone, left windage, left parallax hmmmmmmmm I gots me an idea
laugh.gif

John can that knob be ready for production by July (Hint, Hint
grin.gif
)?

Cheers,

Doc

How about an ERGO 1.8-10 37mm version? Any plans for this?

I am not as interested in the T-Pal on such a small compact package though I have it on my 58mm. I wouldn't really want to mess with the parallax adj. most the time. Also ERGO makes a more sleek package especially in combination with one of those new #4 knobs…

'nother bump. Hope things are moving along smoothly! Hope this will be GTG around the same time the ATF issues my $200 toy stamp.

Tag. Looking forward to the finished product and will likely be my first pick for my own MK12 build.

I'd love to see pictures thats for sure! I'm waiting right now for my SN-4/C2 to show up! :-D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pictures and details would be HOT!</div></div>

can't wait myself.

Pictures... and an independent review.

c2reticle1.jpg

c2reticle2.jpg

c2reticle3.jpg

I bought one of the first of the C2's from Doc via his posting here on the hide PX. Got it about 6 weeks ago.

Finally picked up a Larue 111 Mount for it and just got it mounted last week. I have sighted it in on this rifle, but haven't done a lot of shooting with it. We have range this week for the PD and I plan on running it through the course there, though on this rifle, not on my patrol rifle.

The scope is everything I would expect from USO. Bulletproof and gorgeous. Smooth adjustments and crystal clear glass. Love the reticle. On targets, it has all the speed of a dot (and if you turn the Illum Reticle up bright in daytime, it's just like having a bright ACOG type Fiber reticle.) What is really good about it... you get the advantages of a fast 'dot' or CQB reticle at low power, and the ability to dial up to 6X, which gives you a lot more 'reach' than your average Dot-type scope... even a 4X like the ACOG. On a patrol rifle, especially in a rural area, that is just fantastic!

My current setup (ACOG4x w. Dokter) is great...
ascope2.jpg
but you have to use a chin weld to use the Dokter optic and then settle back to a cheek weld to use the 4X. At short range, holding w. chin weld is anything but ideal. I can hit with it... but it's not like the USO unit. I could try and turn the Dokter 45 degrees w. a special mount, but that has its own set of issues.

This USO setup gives me one optic, one eyepiece, and much more versatility. Along with a fantastic reticle that subtends heads, torso's, etc. just perfectly at all ranges. I don't shoot competition, but I bet this is just the thing for competitive AR shooting.

FYI, the rifle it's on now isn't where it will live. I just wanted to try it out before ultimately moving it onto my Colt. And I needed a scope as I tune this rifle. The rifle pictured is a DPMS that I am part-way through building/tuning. (Now if I can just get it to shoot.) I think the main problem is the temporary (junky) NCStar forend that is getting replaced with a free-floating handguard this week (it's in the mail). That and some handloading should hopefully fix the marginal accuracy of this rifle... ) If not... new barrel!

I don't have a good reticle picture to post, but Doc has a bunch of them that I am sure you will see.

Anyone who is thinking about one of these C2 scopes... or considering one of the high-end ACOG's and might want to look at some alternatives... you WON'T be disappointed with the USO C2.

Cheers,

Sirhr

It does look like that, but partly due to the positioning of the cap.

With this scope, I get a clear sight picture with eye relief anywhere between 2.25" and just over 3" from the back of the flip cap (which sits on the focus ring and sits well off the lens itself) USO calls this scope as having 3.5" of eye relief, but it is definitely a very flexible scope.

Here is a picture w. the flip cap removed and another picture looking inside the flip cap (USO Brand).

C2reticle4.jpg

c2reticle5.jpg

Sitting at a bench, my eye is just under 2.5" from the back of the Lens Cap ring, but over 3" from the actual lens. Prone, my eye tends to be a bit further back.. probably closer to 3.5" Keep in mind, that I am usually shooting while wearing Underarmor, a Pace body armor vest and a uniform shirt. That (especially the vest) adds almost 1/2" to my LOP. So I set my scopes a bit back compared to where they would be if I shot in a T-shirt all the time.

The adjustable LOP is what I like about the PRS stock and also the standard AR carbine stock. With the standard AR collapsible stock, I can set the scope (in a t-shirt on the range) with the stock all the way out. Then shoot with it clicked in one notch when I am in summer uniform and armor and pushed in 2 notches in winter uniform coat or when wearing a thick carrier vest.

So it looks like it's set back a lot further than it is... but great observation!

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does look like that, but partly due to the positioning of the cap.

With this scope, I get a clear sight picture with eye relief anywhere between 2.25" and just over 3" from the back of the flip cap (which sits on the focus ring and sits well off the lens itself) USO calls this scope as having 3.5" of eye relief, but it is definitely a very flexible scope.

Here is a picture w. the flip cap removed and another picture looking inside the flip cap (USO Brand).

Sitting at a bench, my eye is just under 2.5" from the back of the Lens Cap ring, but over 3" from the actual lens. Prone, my eye tends to be a bit further back.. probably closer to 3.5" Keep in mind, that I am usually shooting while wearing Underarmor, a Pace body armor vest and a uniform shirt. That (especially the vest) adds almost 1/2" to my LOP. So I set my scopes a bit back compared to where they would be if I shot in a T-shirt all the time.

The adjustable LOP is what I like about the PRS stock and also the standard AR carbine stock. With the standard AR collapsible stock, I can set the scope (in a t-shirt on the range) with the stock all the way out. Then shoot with it clicked in one notch when I am in summer uniform and armor and pushed in 2 notches in winter uniform coat or when wearing a thick carrier vest.

So it looks like it's set back a lot further than it is... but great observation!

Cheers,

Sirhr
</div></div>

I have mine in a Larue SPR 1.5 set up so the ocular is close to even with the charging handle- I guess different strokes for different folks, but that PRS stock doesn't have enough LOP adjustment to give me enough eye relief as you've got it set-up.

Which turrets do you have? I have lo-pro zeroing. Yours look like maybe covered lo-pro?

My knobs are slimline 1/10 Mil. Scope has green illum. C2 Reticle (which is just awesome).

And apologies to all sho thought this was pictures of the 1.8 - 10. This is the 1.5-6 SN-4 w. C2 Reticle. The first one they did.

Doc will probably have some pix of the 1.8 - 10 w. C2.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Hey guys,

This is not dead but I (with hat in hand) have to admit that I screwed the pooch with the thickness of the inside reticle. The initial scope that I got from John with the reticle in it was just way too thick. It was great at 1.8X but there was no way it would ever work at 10X at any distance. That being said the "special feature" that I designed into the reticle DID work as I had hoped so this thing is going to be smoking once we get the middle thinned out a touch.

John has the reticle w/ mods out now so it won't be too much longer before it comes out. That being said I think this reticle deserves its own name, so I think this will be the WAG reticle (Walking Around Gun). It will take you from "Oh Sh!t!" to "Now I got ya biotch!" all with a twist of the wrist
laugh.gif

It's coming guys and when it hits the street it will be like nothing you have seen before.

Cheers,

Doc

Nice... Looking forward to seeing the final product, and one will probably end up in my inventory!

How is the new C2 reticle coming? I am looking for a good 3-gun reticle with some extended range capability. I would like to be added to a group purchase if possible. Thanks, Hans.

Also checking on C2 WAG in 1.8x10. Ready to buy as soon as available.

Guys,
John says I will have one in my hand soon. Keep the pressure on to get this thing out the door.

That's good to hear, I've been following this thread for a while. Please post some pics as soon as you can.

Thanks!

Excellent. I keep shopping for other scopes when I think that the C2 1.8-10 is DOA. Glad to hear that it is still alive!

Guys,
I now have a prototype in my hands to test and evaluate. I will post pictures soon.

Stay Safe....

Nice!!! I just called USO last week because the guys at their booth in Shot Show were absolutely sure that the C2 reticle was ready for the 1.8-10, but when I called to order one, they said it wasn't approved for sale yet. Please post pics when you get a chance and let us know how to order one. Thanks again!!!!

Will this be available for the ERGO setup or only T-PAL? I'll probably get another JNG if it's not available for the ERGO setup...

C2 is vailable for the TPAL only right now, but C2 may decide to do the ERGO as well if they have a hit with the TPAL. This is totally up to Ken, this is their design and they have an exclusive on it.
John III

P.S. Mini EREK is on its way. We made a change in the erector which changed all teh thread pitches on the knobs, #4 knobs are last on the list.