• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex CDX-R7 chamber question

Alderan

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2019
Hey guys. I am getting ready to go to an indore range to break in the new rifle. An Cadex CDX-R7 in 308. Brand new, not a single round through it yet. I was cleaning the barrel and the chamber when i noticed that the chamber has a small amount of tooling marks in it. Nothing major but if u shine a flashlight on it under a sharp angle, enough to notice a circle or two running perpandicular to the bore. I took 2 pieces of resized brass (no primer, no powder and no bullet in it), chambered them and closed the bolt on them; they came out fine but with small amount of light scratches in certain areas. Nothing major but enough to notice if u shine light on it.

No idea how the brass will look once fired and subjected to extreme pressures. Is this type of thing normal in a brand new rifle? Will it smooth out with time? No subject for concern? Whats ur opinion?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200214_200852.jpg
    IMG_20200214_200852.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200215_174615.jpg
    IMG_20200215_174615.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200215192900.jpg
    20200215192900.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I would give cadex a call. They have great customer service..eh.

Shoot 10 clean, shoot 10 and clean, shoot 80 and clean. If problem is still there contact Cadex.

I gave Cadex a call. Quick response and great customer service.

I have to admit; my questions and concerns come from lack of experience and knowledge.

Cadex customer rep took the time to explain to me the process behind the chambering, the r&d behind chamber polishing and reashured me of Cadex'd commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

Basically it boils down to me dileing down my OCD and going to the range and shooting the damn thing.

If i get a chance i will give updates on how things go at the range.

No news good news ?

Hey guys, here is the update.

With Federal GM 168 SMK factory load, im doing about 0.7 moa at 100 yards (0.5 moa if my wife gets behind the rifle lol).

An amazing rifle; got nothing but good things to say about it.

There are no extraction issues or feeding issues after about 300 rounds.

I will post couple of pictures of brass after firing later; there is small amount of scratches that transferred from the chamber tooling marks but nothing that impacts function or reloading (imo).