• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Chassis - * First Look MSR Plus

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Yesterday we received the Cadex Defense Chassis, this model for us to look at is designed for a McMillan TAC 50, however we will be reviewing the Short Action version soon.

This Chassis is the new and improved version of the one used by Remington for the XM2010, the MSR as seen last year at Shot Show.

Cadex3.jpg

Cadex4.jpg

Cadex5.jpg

Cadex6.jpg

This is a drop in, folding stock chassis that captures the bolt of the rifle to hold it in place. Fully adjustable, both length of pull and cheek piece height.

These are being brought into the US by Drake Associates and will be featuring a SH Limited Edition version in the next 45 days or so.

This is the extreme version of this chassis, again, designed for a .50 cal, but we will soon see the Long and Short Action version.

I will do a short video review to give you a better idea of what this chassis looks like close up.

Re: Cadex Chassis - * First Look MSR Plus

SH Limited Edition?!?!
    shocked.gif

Very Very Interesting.

Frank, how is the Limited Edition going to be handled?

Any idea on the amount that will be available?

Damn Frank you get all the cool toys, that chassis is just awesome.

And their making a SH edition, that's awesome except the fact that I can't afford one for awhile.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your review video on this.

We are looking to get the price under $2500 for them, I don't believe that price applies to the .50 cal model but I can't say for sure. Retail is actually a bit higher but we secured a group buy discount so to speak.

I told them to have about 50 chassis on hand for the Limited Edition, which one of the stipulations was they had to be available for delivery by Christmas, which I was assured was the case.

The chassis above was really more to give me an idea of what the new version was like, as opposed to the 2010 model. Theses are more like XM2012s with slight variations off the older Army model.

Frank, do you know if the top rail will work with aftermarket round actions oppose to the flat tops of the 700 actions.

No, I know very little about the top rail, my thinking is, 700 foot print but there might be options ?

That .50 chassis is specifically for a MCM TAC 50 so I am thinking it is pretty specific.

Got a nice look to it but it also looks heavy as hell.

Looks great!! Do you know what magazines the shortaction will take? AI mags?

This looks awesome! I hope they become available and stay that way

Frank...I'll take one in the Tac-50 version. How do we lock in our position on a stock? Group buy?

Im interested in getting one for the TAC50 as well

Once everything is ready we will announce it, you'll go through Drake Associates as I said, we are securing a special "Hide Edition" along with some better pricing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are looking to get the price under $2500 for them </div></div>

DAMN!!!

so Cadex is the company that made the chassis for the XM2010? That is one nasty looking SOB! I'm getting one for my 10/22!

Jeebus. I always looked forward to Remington making the chassis available...but I never thought it would be that high. It's beautiful, though.

When you look at these up close, the fit, finish, the feel, you can really understand where the money is going. Especially in the butt area which is fully adjustable.

$2500 isn't cheap, but neither is the chassis, it's vert well engineered.

I really hate it my first viewing here is a .50 cal chassis, especially since I don't' have a TAC50 and neither did my local shop, so not being able to see in it context of a rifle installed and being shot sucks. But I am looking forward to the Short / Long Action versions and I will definitely shoot those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you look at these up close, the fit, finish, the feel, you can really understand where the money is going. Especially in the butt area which is fully adjustable.

$2500 isn't cheap, but neither is the chassis, it's vert well engineered.

I really hate it my first viewing here is a .50 cal chassis, especially since I don't' have a TAC50 and neither did my local shop, so not being able to see in it context of a rifle installed and being shot sucks. But I am looking forward to the Short / Long Action versions and I will definitely shoot those. </div></div>

I'll be the dick head who asks. Whats your opinion on it so far vs the Ashbury...since it looks like they are the same price range.

Where are these being manufactured at?

Tag for more info. It would be awesome if they had one for the badger action or a surgeon action

Pat

So, what is the relationship between Cadex and Remington? Will Remington ever sell commercial versions of theirs, or is this going to be the only outlet?

Lowlight- I'll trade you some smooth white background for your pics if you let me fondle the chassis.

Saw them at the Shot Show at the Remington booth and talked to the Remington Reps and they are really trying to get the price down on their end. They know they have an up hill battle with the current price point. A lot of cad machining but it is a solid platform.

Sorry about the background, I just pulled it out of the box two minutes before the picture...

Unfortunately the Savage paper roll I had available was too small I needed a wider sheet so I popped open the box I had here.

As fa as the Remington / Cadex relationship, no clue, I am sure it is client / contractor, at the end of the day this is being imported by a company "not" Remington so to my knowledge Remington is not making this available with no plans to do so, and this version is actually an upgraded model of what Remington was using for the XM2010.
    Drake Associates is becoming the importer from Canada, by passing Remington.

I've been thinking about having this chassis on my current project for the last year. Just sent it off a week ago to have it bedded into a Mcmillan A-5, if I would have seen this I would probably have waited for the long action unit to roll out. I still think it would have been a tank in it's current configuration. Still might have to grab one when they become available.

Do you know if they plan on sticking with the Harris for the TAC-50 model, any plans to use a beefier bipod? I know some have said that the forends on the actual TAC-50 stocks seemed a bit short, what's your opinion on this current set-up in terms of length on the forend for a 50?

if you want to see a pic of the chassis system with a tac 50 installed go to LRaccuracy's facebook page I took a few pictures of the rifle. It is a very well thougth out system.

This chassis systems feature one thing i like over the others which is the top picatinny rail attaches to both the forend and the receiver which is a securer lock up between the top and bottom of the rifle. The other systems which only attach to the bottom <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">could</span></span></span> flex when loading the bipod. this would be more apparent on angled shots were a downward angle would put more pressure on the forend pulling it down and the oppsoite if the angle was up which would use less pressure.

Trevor

Mr Frank sir, are they going to be had in left handed models??? I want one!!

Thanks, Jake

Dang! That chassis is a work of art!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything new on this? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once everything is ready we will announce it, you'll go through Drake Associates as I said, we are securing a special "Hide Edition" along with some better pricing. </div></div>

Want more info, needz more info... Wantz one most likely!

Let me know what/how/specs etc when you find out please LowLight.

Jimbo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything new on this? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once everything is ready we will announce it, you'll go through Drake Associates as I said, we are securing a special "Hide Edition" along with some better pricing. </div></div> </div></div>

Impressive usage of quoting posts, however you contributed nothing, still par for the course I see.

Anyways, I'm interested in the SH edition of this, I have a barreled action that needs a home.