• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex falcon opinions?

DomEspin

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2020
I am building my first rifle and have been looking every where on peoples opinions regarding the cadex falcon, I appreciate any info yall could give regarding its quality compared to the ckye-pod

I miss the days where Harris bipods were enough :/

Have a Cadex Falcon on my AXSR. its a serious bipod. its big. big footprint. everything big. fits a big rifle. but its built like an absolute tank. worth every penny in my opinion.
Would you consider it unpractical on a hunting rifle

Would you consider it unpractical on a hunting rifle
unless its a really big hunting rifle and you need the robustness that it is. ive got the cadex falcon on my 338 lapua AI AXSR and have a tbac bipod on my remington csr (lightish 16 inch barrel). 10 out of 10 times I would go for the TBAC for a lighter smaller rifle. The Falcon is absolutely amazing. But its place in my opinion is on a LARGE rifle that you dont have to carry far.

I have two of the standard falcon bipods. They are very similar to the Long Range Accuracy bipods. I love them and have one on my AX and the other on my seekins sp223

The legs are actually faster to adjust then a LRA. and the styling is stealthy as is in cadex fashion. Don't let the size fool you, its very light and comes with a angle lock ( pod lock). Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Only complaint is id like a throw lever.. The new falcon 2.0 has a throw lever

Reactions: NateSavannah
I have two of the standard falcon bipods. They are very similar to the Long Range Accuracy bipods. I love them and have one on my AX and the other on my seekins sp223

The legs are actually faster to adjust then a LRA. and the styling is stealthy as is in cadex fashion. Don't let the size fool you, its very light and comes with a angle lock ( pod lock). Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Only complaint is id like a throw lever.. The new falcon 2.0 has a throw lever
If I did it again Id get the long leg version. rather short legs in my opinion. Ive got the version with the throw lever. its nice. only downside is when the legs are at the 45 and you hit the lever the legs leverage the mechanism in a way it doesnt allow the rifle to tilt left or right. takes a little fighting with it. but the lever makes the lock and unlocking super fast. with the legs at 90 function is smooth and perfect.

If I did it again Id get the long leg version. rather short legs in my opinion. Ive got the version with the throw lever. its nice. only downside is when the legs are at the 45 and you hit the lever the legs leverage the mechanism in a way it doesnt allow the rifle to tilt left or right. takes a little fighting with it. but the lever makes the lock and unlocking super fast. with the legs at 90 function is smooth and perfect.
I want to possibly be able to hunt with it but not sure how it will compare to the ckye pod being it’s roughly the same weight while being less sloppy

Last edited:
I like my Atlas Bipods; I think I have at least four (they are also a great company with excellent Customer Service). But I love my Cadex Falcons; I have since relegated my Atlas' to Semi-Auto DMR service and am using the Falcons for all my Cadex rifles, CDX40 Shadow (.375 CT), Kraken (.338LM, .300WM, .308Win, 6.5CM) and a Vudoo (.22LR) in a Cadex Lite Chassis. Cadex is also a great company with phenomenal Customer Service. I just think the Flacons feel more solid and lock up better.

Reactions: Hand Skills
I just ordered a Falcon Lite. I didn't get the SP version, hopefully that wasn't a mistake. I don't need the bipod to be small.

I was never satisfied with the canting function on the CAL, I'm interested to see how the Falcon compares.

I'll write about it once it gets here on Monday.