• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex or MDT ??

L2bravo

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2012
Republic of Texas.
So I awanting a “crossover” style chassis.

Was looking at the Bravo, but looking now at the MDT XRS, or Cadex Strike Nuke Evo.

which would you guys go with ? Gonna be a bighorn 6.5 creed with a 25” proof barrel for now.

Is there an appreciable quality difference?
I’m leaning toward the MDT, with a ton of accessories available.

Last edited:
What are you looking for, exactly? There are a lot of ways crossover can go.
  • Traditional ergonomics
  • Light weight, with added weights optional
  • Accessorizing
FWIW, I don’t like KRG aesthetics. I’ve been very pleased with my MDT stuff. I’ve heard good things about Cadex but have no experience with them.

Reactions: L2bravo
So I’d like to put my heavy barreled creed in it. Mostly a target rifle, some hunting with that rifle. Just making it a little more useful. I like the Cadex, but don’t want to adopt and it goes away. The MDT has a ton of options like Arca etc. leaning that way.

What are you looking for, exactly? There are a lot of ways crossover can go.
  • Traditional ergonomics
  • Light weight, with added weights optional
  • Accessorizing
FWIW, I don’t like KRG aesthetics. I’ve been very pleased with my MDT stuff. I’ve heard good things about Cadex but have no experience with them.

I strongly recommend not hunting with a heavy barrel, unless it’s a 100yd walk from the turnout to the tree stand. Super not fun.

For that use case, though, I’d probably go for the XLR Element V4 Magnesium, or the new MDT HNT26. Cut out a couple more pounds base, and add them back in when needed using mlok weights and such.

It's not talked about a lot, but MDT offers a 100% Satisfaction guarantee for their products, within the first 30 days. And a lifetime warranty after.

You'll most likely end up loving the MDT XRS and deciding to keep it. If not you can ship it back to them within the first few weeks for a full refund.

From the MDT website:

https://mdttac.com/us_en/shipping-returns/

MDT GUARANTEE​

We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our products. If you receive any of our products and are not completely satisfied, you can return it to us within 30 days for a 100% refund of the product. After the 30 days, we provide lifetime support of the product.

It's not talked about a lot, but MDT offers a 100% Satisfaction guarantee for their products, within the first 30 days. And a lifetime warranty after.
You'll most likely end up loving the MDT XRS and deciding to keep it. If not you can ship it back to them within the first few weeks for a full refund.

From the MDT website:

From the MDT website:
Wow I did not know that. But that is really good to know. I think that’s the direction I’m most likely going to head.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
So I awanting a “crossover” style chassis.

Was looking at the Bravo, but looking now at the MDT XRS, or Cadex Strike Nuke Evo.

which would you guys go with ? Gonna be a bighorn 6.5 creed with a 25” proof barrel for now.

Is there an appreciable quality difference?
I’m leaning toward the MDT, with a ton of accessories available.

I'm a big KRG fan. They have a huge page full of accessories for their all their chassis models. KRG products are one of the most, if not the most, customizable in the market.

I have shot one, they are not bad at all. One of my buddies got the MDTXRS, I’m really liking that. I have an AI right now that I’m not going to get rid of just looking for another option for something a little lighter.

Get a KRG X-RAY.
I would be surpriced if you would not liked it, and you can upgrade it, not possible with those 2 canucks.
X7.JPG

Drop a closed forend in to it, you can get pritty sweet rig of that X-RAY.

Reactions: 308pirate
I have dealt with MDT quite a bit (three chassis, several magazines, other related bits). Very few companies come close to MDT in terms of product quality, support for said products, and involvement with the community (I bet @MDT_OFFICIAL is lurking here someplace). Buy with confidence, and if you don't like it, send it back within 30 days for full refund.

This is not to take anything at all away from KRG or Cadex; I simply have no experience with their products or post-sale support.

We are always lurking if you summon us! We're like beetle juice, just gotta say our name three times (ok, it's really once).

And here is the thing, we can't tell you how we stack up against other products as the market as we just don't know. But, the XRS is a great way to go if you are looking for a crossover chassis. It features polymer skins with a full aluminum backbone, along with adjustable LOP, cheek riser, and everything you need to succeed.

We've added our integrated ARCA forend this year, along with our interior forend weight and buttstock LOP spacer weight, so there are lots of ways to make it your own, depending on what you plan to do!

And we do offer a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee, so you can buy it, try it, and make that decision for yourself. If within 30-day of receiving it if you are not satisfied. Shoot us an e-mail, and we can always set up a return.

-Anthony

We are always lurking if you summon us! We're like beetle juice, just gotta say our name three times (ok, it's really once).

And here is the thing, we can't tell you how we stack up against other products as the market as we just don't know. But, the XRS is a great way to go if you are looking for a crossover chassis. It features polymer skins with a full aluminum backbone, along with adjustable LOP, cheek riser, and everything you need to succeed.

We've added our integrated ARCA forend this year, along with our interior forend weight and buttstock LOP spacer weight, so there are lots of ways to make it your own, depending on what you plan to do!

And we do offer a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee, so you can buy it, try it, and make that decision for yourself. If within 30-day of receiving it if you are not satisfied. Shoot us an e-mail, and we can always set up a return.

-Anthony
My XRS will be here Wednesday.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL