• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Strike Chassis and Ashbury MOD 1 info , personal experience with them etc wanted.

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
Does anyone own one of these or ever played with one?? Hows the fit and finish? Are the tool less adjustments good and lock solid etc?

I currently have 2 JAE stocks and was thinking of trying the Cadex since it weighs the same but folds.

Any input, pics etc would be great .

Ashbury MOD1 input as well. Which would you say is better and why. Pics etc on this chassis and why you like it.

Cadex is solid. Had one on a rifle that was stolen. Loved the damn thing. Only complaints are the price and the width of the handguard.
The adjustments are rock solid as is the folding mechanism.
208y0xd.jpg

28i7wqf.jpg

11l6epx.jpg

s4qlxl.jpg

I love my Strike 33. I have a 300wm in it now and Chris at Drake had them do a short action magwell for me also. I had ideas of a switch barrel soon, I just haven't got there yet. Like Strike said the handguard is wide and it does feel a little odd at first but it ends up being good. Adjustments are solid and the folding mechinism is good and tight. The right side folder is the way to go, way easier to fit in a gun case. They are expensive but I liked the fact that at any given match there will be 6-8 AI chassis there but not another Strike, the feel a little exclusive. And they are a little better balanced than the AX chassis I thnk.

I run the Ashbury SABER chassis system, I don't have any experience with the Cadex, I've not yet had one here at class. The SABER is solid, adjustable, and has enough sling points and rail attach points to satisfy any equipment that may be required. There is enough top rail to mount any clip on NVG or thermal system. With the monolithic rail, you can get whatever slope suits your optic. So far as I can tell, it also fits all the popular recoil lugs without modification, which may not be the case with other systems.

I can't say which is 'better' for your particular application, but I can't pick out any real flaws in the SABER chassis.