• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cake Slut? Add BACON!

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    I'm a baked goods whore. Guilty, carb meth head..

Got the itch to bake a yeller cake Sunday. Had some hand cured/smoked uncut piggy belly in the fridge from the local "blunt connection" for all things swine. (our local butcher kicks ass)

So, I played. Fried up the bacon. Trimmed the fat off before hand-most of it anyway. Cut it julienne style, but shorter. Bout 1/2" long.

Drain/press in paper towel to get as much of the oil off as I could. (don't shit can the grease, there's use for that stuff later!)

Now, get your skillet hot again and pour a splash of genuine maple syrup in there. Toss the bacon back in and reduce the syrup to a carmel glaze. Watch the heat, easy to burn it.

Now remove, allow to cool just a bit, and toss it into the cake batter. Mix it around good. DON'T ADD YOUR OIL TO YOUR MIX YET.

Take out about 1/3rd of the veggie oil you would use and replace with bacon grease (diet when your dead!)

When your done you'll have this cake that has a slight smoky taste along with little peppered/sugary bacon bits. Put some maple icing on that biche and get your fatboy on!

Tasty shit. Eating some now...

Enjoy!

Last edited:
    You can do the same with the store bought Cinnamon rolls that you can unwind. Cook up your bacon 2/3rds of the way(still flexible). Unroll your cinnamon rolls just enough to insert the bacon strip and re-roll it. Place them all on the pan and bake them in the oven per the directions. Put the packaged icing on top and then enjoy the sweet and sour taste of bacon and cinnamon roll.