• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calender

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
What would be the chance of having a calender here where Match Directors could insert pertinent dates, all on the same calender?

I will look into it, although I do believe the forum has a calendar feature, how it views I am not sure I never use it

I can probably make a sticky thread with a date block

I like the idea Jon. Now we just need to quit having bdays so it doesnt clog up the calendar!

No problem, I quite having birthdays about 30 years ago when I was in my late 20's. Not so may presents, but alot longer expected lifespan!

I like the idea Jon. Now we just need to quit having bdays so it doesnt clog up the calendar!

I am not smart as the average bear and have nearly registered for different matches on the same day TWICE. I now have a desk calendar that I update as I can. Thinking it would also help Directors in Planning.

I would sure like to see it happen here. Most of the long distance competitions in Utah are not even mentioned here. They're on facebook and their own websites. There's probably 10 times more here on this forum than there was 6 years ago when I started. As you look back the last several years on this forum, it's been tried 2 or 3 times. It can get extremely time consuming and complicated to keep one up. Like exactly what type of competitions are allowed. .22rf, high power, distance restrictions because of the range that is available, carbine, DMR, combinations of firearms, etc, etc. Things would have to be divided up between regions or states, exactly where, what type and with contact info for each match for more details. Again, I would really like to see something here like that. Thanks for this great forum.

I can probably "stick" a 2014 Match Post, but the season is almost over, so it would be a 2014-15 post and then people can add to it, the last guy can probably copy and paste the dates to make it easier ...

That said, since PRS Members want to continue and antagonize me and pretend any single individual match has a monopoly on people being "nice" during the event, we are not gonna support any matches that are part of the Series, so if you're interested in those matches, you won't find them here at all anymore. Originally it was just don't advertise the Series but you can advertise your match, now I decided (after the last load of BS) that any match that is supporting the series will not use SH as vehicle for promotion, in any capacity. One day they'll stop poking me, and realize this, everything they crow about takes place every weekend in some form or other. When they remember that "This place' started the ball rolling for most of this, maybe we can come to an understanding.

But we are happy to create a Sticky for events where a member can find all the dates in one place. That is not an issue at all.

So you'd rather hurt the sport as a whole because of your disagreement?

And screw over guys like S.Kay, B.Morgan, R.Castle, and S.Satterlee because they support the PRS and run matches for it?

Why don't you ask them,

For your information I reached out to them last year, again, and thought we had reach an agreement until they made it personal once more and spit on my shoes.

They continue to promote the Us vs Them with their members and if anyone is hurting the sport genius it's THEM.

I have been promoting this sport since 2001, so is it ME hurting the sport or Johnny come lately guys making money off it --- Last time I checked I didn't charge anyone anything to promote their matches, I never asked a thing of people looking to open the door to new shooters. So if that means i am Hurting the sport after 12 years of growing it, you have a fucked up view of things.

Funny I don't see anyone saying anything to them, not after they sent an email to me saying, "if we can't use the Cup score's we'll have a match in WY the same week", where is all the high values, Moral Minded People when it comes to their actions. How come it's on me, and never on them, you read about guys who dropped off their committee because of them being tone deaf to changes or constructive criticism, still it's all on me... please, spare me.

Early on it was said, "fuck Frank" we don't need him or SH, that is from people who were in the room. So why would I go out of my way to support their efforts, or people who are supporting their effort, clearly SH Is irrelevant...

No [MENTION=27374]poison123[/MENTION], I think you have it ass backwards, and if you don't like it I can help you log out and not come back.

Just let me know where the calendar resides and the Guardian Long Range will drop their 2015 dates in there. As a Match Director I'm excited about this! Thanks Jon for bringing this up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank, I don't know anything about what's going on between you and the PRS. I am just one guy who likes to shoot in just about any form and tactical shooting is one I probably enjoy most. I only have time to shoot a couple matches a year but everyone is always great in its own way. If it weren't for the Hide almost 7 years ago I would have never known this kind of shooting went on.

This might not be the right place but I would publicly like to thank you for this site and your efforts. I among others value your opinions and appreciate this site.

Geno