• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Cali hog hunt, what's legal to hunt with?

Re: Cali hog hunt, what's legal to hunt with?

5 Round mags and change out your mag release to a bullet button and I "think" you should be legal. However that assumes that your arresting officer knows the laws too
wink.gif

I'd make like easy on myself and take a bolt gun.

Green ammo if you hunt in the condor corridor.

What part of Cali are you coming to? If northern Cali, it will likely be fairly dense brush, so you might consider bringing a more compact rifle if you've got one. Like mentioned above, a lead ban is in effect in the Condor area, so shooting a solid copper bullet like a TSX would be adviseable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 Round mags and change out your mag release to a bullet button and I "think" you should be legal. However that assumes that your arresting officer knows the laws too
wink.gif

I'd make like easy on myself and take a bolt gun.</div></div>

It is actually 10 round mags but you will need the bullet button. Also, if you hunt in condor territory you will need a lead free bullet such as the various Barnes varieties, the Nosler E-Tip, or the Hornady GMX. It is best just to take the lead free no matter where you are going to be to make life much simpler. The .308 will have plenty of punch for our hogs out here. The average pig typically runs between 100-200 lbs. but can get as big as 400.

Oh yeah...the typical shot will range from 100 to 200 yards.