• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Caliber Matrix

Timetoshoot

Bullet driver
Minuteman
May 7, 2013
Carbondale
Guess I dont see the drama here. Whenever I purchase anything I have to weigh the atributes of whats available against what I need. SUV, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton or semi tractor. All great platforms with different outcomes and performance. 1/2 ton; rides smooth hauls less.... 1 ton; rougher ride, hauls a shit ton more.

Caliber matix helps you align your priorities with the atributes of different rounds to get you in the ball park.

With over use injuries of the upper extremities Im having to find performance in lighter rifles. My wrists and shoulder cant haul and manipulate 12+pound rifles anymore unless I'm prone within 50ft of the truck. If I want to shoot alot, acuratly with a hand gun its 9mm. I use to enjoy 10mm, 357, and 44 mag. Not so much these days.

Reactions: kindabitey
Guess I dont see the drama here. Whenever I purchase anything I have to weigh the atributes of whats available against what I need. SUV, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton or semi tractor. All great platforms with different outcomes and performance. 1/2 ton; rides smooth hauls less.... 1 ton; rougher ride, hauls a shit ton more.

Caliber matix helps you align your priorities with the atributes of different rounds to get you in the ball park.

With over use injuries of the upper extremities Im having to find performance in lighter rifles. My wrists and shoulder cant haul and manipulate 12+pound rifles anymore unless I'm prone within 50ft of the truck. If I want to shoot alot, acuratly with a hand gun its 9mm. I use to enjoy 10mm, 357, and 44 mag. Not so much these days.

I found out a "couple" of years ago that there really is such a thing as "too much gun" :ROFLMAO:

The caliber matrix was not designed to say, Do This...

But more so, Think about This...

There is too much, "What the Pros Use " as a shortcut to decision making. Instead of asking what is "Insert Name Here" using, it's about building a more knowledgeable shooter. One that can make a buying decision for themselves vs following the crowd just because someone performed well under various conditions.

The numbers were not meant to be set in stone and we should be biased when it comes to what we do.