• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

California Cancer WarningLabel for Coke and Pepsi

Silver_Bullet_00

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
North Carolina
Anyone hear about California requiring a warning label on Cokes and Pepsi's about Cancer. Pepsi and Coke has to change the ingredient in California or use the Warning Cancer Label on their products in California. California is such a big market that they are considering changing the entire product's ingredients nationwide.

Apparently if you drink 1000 cans of Pepsi or Coke per day you increase your risk of cancer. Seriously, that's the result from the study, according to the News.

Re: California Cancer WarningLabel for Coke and Pepsi

I've always liked those warnings, "This product contains a substance known to cause cancer in the state of California."

Since I don't live in California, I'm in the clear....
wink.gif

Just another messed up law to reinforce my desire to stay as far away as possible.

You would not believe the chemicals that have been outlawed in the automotive industry here in Kalifornia. When we were still overhauling carburetors many years ago we had to use a fish emulsion to clean them in. I shit you not there were fish scales in the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket we dipped the parts in.
The body shop was allowed to spray all the same toxic stuff they always used to but they just had to pay up the yin yang for each pound of product sprayed. It is ALL about the money. It is NOT about the environment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just another messed up law to reinforce my desire to stay as far away as possible. </div></div>

You know the nanny state takes care of everybody, and if you lived there, it would be a privilege
grin.gif
. California knows what's best for all of us. Didn't you know that?
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would not believe the chemicals that have been outlawed in the automotive industry here in Kalifornia. When we were still overhauling carburetors many years ago we had to use a fish emulsion to clean them in. I shit you not there were fish scales in the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket we dipped the parts in.
The body shop was allowed to spray all the same toxic stuff they always used to but they just had to pay up the yin yang for each pound of product sprayed. It is ALL about the money. It is NOT about the environment. </div></div>

My Grandma rebuilt carburetors for a company called Eastern Re-Builders and for herself in her own shop behind her house, from the 1940's until the late 1980's and lived to be 90. She never got Cancer. Died from Pneumonia after she fell and broke her hip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always liked those warnings, "This product contains a substance known to cause cancer in the state of California."

Since I don't live in California, I'm in the clear....
wink.gif

Just another messed up law to reinforce my desire to stay as far away as possible. </div></div>

Agreed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would not believe the chemicals that have been outlawed in the automotive industry here in Kalifornia. When we were still overhauling carburetors many years ago we had to use a fish emulsion to clean them in. I shit you not there were fish scales in the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket we dipped the parts in.
The body shop was allowed to spray all the same toxic stuff they always used to but they just had to pay up the yin yang for each pound of product sprayed. It is ALL about the money. It is NOT about the environment. </div></div>

My Grandma rebuilt carburetors for a company called Eastern Re-Builders and for herself in her own shop behind her house, from the 1940's until the late 1980's and lived to be 90. She never got Cancer. Died from Pneumonia after she fell and broke her hip. </div></div>
The good stuff had lye in it I think. I know it burned like heck if it got on your skin so good rubber gloves were always used but man-o-man would it make those things look like new in about a half hours time.

It's a prop 65 thing, they put warning labels on everything to the point where you just don't care anymore.

They really should just put a warning label on the whole state and call it done.

Well, off to the store to get a couple cases of pre-ban Coke. No telling how much it will be worth in two months. HAHAHAHA

Just wait till someone from Cali reads the study that said girls under the age of 25(pretty sure that was the age) that are sexually active have a much larger chance of getting cervical cancer. They'll start requiring guys to get tattoos on their junk that says "According to the State of California this may cause cancer".

The state of California has officially become, educated beyond it's intelligence. Therefore would the last sane person to exit, please turn out the lights an let the two legged roaches, self indulge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, off to the store to get a couple cases of pre-ban Coke. No telling how much it will be worth in two months. HAHAHAHA </div></div>

Best post on this subject.

glad I can just hop across to mexico and still get the original coke cola. who knows maybe I can make some cash smuggling sodas...muahahahaha

One day, i will leave this place of madness and chaos into a land called, "free America".

stay tuned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">glad I can just hop across to mexico and still get the original coke cola. who knows maybe I can make some cash smuggling sodas...muahahahaha

</div></div>

I imagine the change of ingredients will happen without notice to the public, Coke or Pepsi doesn't want that type of PR.