• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

California Question

69icarus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2010
Bismarck, ND
Is it legal to send AR type parts to California? Specifically 5rd clips/magazines, hand guards, charging handles, stocks, upper receivers, Bolt carriers, bolts? Thanks

Re: California Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stu6X47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it legal to send AR type parts to California? Specifically 5rd clips/magazines, hand guards, charging handles, stocks, upper receivers, Bolt carriers, bolts? Thanks </div></div>

We can't even say the word "AR" oops, now they are gonna come get me!...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. The only part restricted are specifically named/banned lowers. </div></div>

+1:

You can send anything except:
Lowers that are banned by name (e.g. Colt sporter, armalite)
Complete lowers without a bullet button
Assembled mags with 11 or more round capacity
If you need more info, go to calguns.net

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Complete lowers without a bullet button
</div></div>

Complete rifle without a bullet button is illegal, but a complete lower is legal because it can be assembled with a 22LR upper and be fully legal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retoocs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Complete lowers without a bullet button
</div></div>

Complete rifle without a bullet button is illegal, but a complete lower is legal because it can be assembled with a 22LR upper and be fully legal. </div></div>
Great to know...wish my FFLs would go along with that one.

[/quote]Great to know...wish my FFLs would go along with that one. [/quote]

Seems to be a common theme for most of us. FLL education, for the most part, is severely lacking in California.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retoocs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Complete lowers without a bullet button
</div></div>

Complete rifle without a bullet button is illegal, but a complete lower is legal because it can be assembled with a 22LR upper and be fully legal. </div></div>

Complete rifles without the bullet button AND with any other "evil" feature are illegal. We also have something called featureless. IOW, if you have a normal magazine release, you can still have a legal rifle if it doesn't have a pistol grip, flash hider or collapsible stock. I know. #$&* retarded!

Yes, & 2nd the advice on reading calguns.net. Some of the most important legal cases & foundation for strengthening 2A rights are being done by or with the Calguns Foundation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Retoocs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Complete lowers without a bullet button
</div></div>

Complete rifles without the bullet button AND with any other "evil" feature are illegal. We also have something called featureless. IOW, if you have a normal magazine release, you can still have a legal rifle if it doesn't have a pistol grip, flash hider or collapsible stock. I know. #$&* retarded! </div></div>

Geez. As liberal and overtly anti-gun as Hawaii seems to be, it might as well be Texas in comparison WRT "assault" rifles. I had sent all my stuff to a buddy in Oregon before the craziness in Calif. started. Can't recall what was in effect six years ago when i moved out.

DSC_0479.jpg

The 10 round magazine limit is routinely ignored, other than for pistols. Guess cops see that as a more immediate threat than rifles.

I just traveled from texas with some 30 round mags taken apart as rebuild kits. No questions asked.

And for the record They are for airsoft
smile.gif