• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calling any MPA chassis owners out there

KWilson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hey guys, currently doing research towards a tactical chassis and looking closely (well at pictures anyway) of the MPA Competition chassis. These have just become available in Australia but getting my hands on one to inspect is pretty much impossible without dropping the coin on one. Just seeking any comments, good or bad from owners/or previous owners of MPA chassis. Things I'm interested in are weight, balance, egonomics, comfort, the usual questions I guess.

My other options are limited, KRG whiskey and Cadex probably being the main ones. A KMW Sentinel might be a possibility, but that will take some time and export paperwork to make happen. I'm left handed which makes things a bit trickier as far as options go.

Rifle will be primarily used for PRS competitions in Australia (doesn't compare to the type of shooting you guys can do but we take what we can get here). Action in question is a lefty Kelbly Atlas tactical (SA) mated up to a Timney CE trigger. Looking to run either a medium or heavy palma barrel at this stage and will most likely have a 6x47 lapua chambered up next year.

Any input appreciated guys.

just swapped out my traditional/old-school stock for the MPA Comp chassis, so my first chassis. on a left-handed rem 700-pattern rifle, short action. shot it once for chrono/dope and then a local precision/belly match last weekend. the pistol grip area is a huge improvement over the 'stock' stock. i didn't have the opportunity to handle this or any other chassis systems before buying, but this looked a little more robust. it certainly didn't hurt the accuracy of my rifle. pretty happy with it.

assuming you like a chassis, they are hard to beat. Phil listens to shooters (and competes himself) and has made this chassis one of the best out there for the PRS game. a lot of other stock and chassis makers are playing catch up, having to try to update their stuff to compete. the ergonomics of the chassis are good, again assuming you like an AR type grip, rather than a traditional stock grip. the new vert grip is very nice. I also real like the RRS milled in rail (they call it the RAT system). mounting your bipod on either the RRS SOAR or MPA RAT mount gives you a ton of options on where you can run your bipod. there is a reason its the most used chassis in PRS right now. I wouldn't hesitate to order one.

After shooting conventional stocks and ARs for years it is the easiest and most intuitive system to get behind. Like any new system it takes time to adjust to, especially if you have never run a chassis before, but after a range trip or 2 I was fully adjusted to the chassis. If you dry fire regularly you may become adjusted sooner. There is so much customization of the stock to the individual shooter, LOP and comb height, that it makes it pretty easy to get acclimated.

The full length dovetail for tripod and bipod use, spigot mount, barricade stops, all make it an excellent chassis system for shooting comps. I would not hesitate to buy a second MPA chassis

I have shot on the same squad as Phil and the MPA team, and they were a great bunch of guys. Phil would help anyone on the squad, whether they were on his team or not, and that speaks volumes to me. The chassis is very nice with some cool colors. They are very innovative with their barricade stops. I'm already shooting a McM A5, and don't really plan on changing, but if I was going to run a chassis, I would run an MPA in a minute, and I'm sure that I would love it.

I have a rifle from MPA in 6.5x47 and the chassis works just fine. I have a couple of AICS chassis as well and the MPA is not lacking, just different.

Ive had a Whiskey 3, XLR and MPA. I like all of them but MPA feels the best to me personally. The grip area with the thumbrest cutout combined with the ar15 grip (in my case an ergo deluxe) makes it suuuper comfy. Its solid, has lots of neat features, its affordable compared to other high end chassis, etc... I don't think ive ever witnessed anyone dislike it.

Only downside is its heavy unless you get the lite version. But if your goal is competition id say the balance and weight is very well suited.