• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calling B&T GHM9 Gen2 Owners

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
Looking into the B&T GHM9 over an AR platform 9mm (Glock Mags) for the sake of having double stacked mags that are quicker to load, similar to a standard AR mag. I have read several reviews of the GHM9 having FTF issues, but that appears to be Gen1 renditions. Looking for feedback from Gen2 owners.

Any feeding issues, mag related or otherwise?

Any issues with HP versus ball ammo?

Did you opt for the Glock mag lower?

What do you think of the trigger, weight, pull, etc.?

Any issues with the Tri Lug mounts? Never have ran one of these... seem tried and trued with decades of use.

What would you change about the platform with aftermarket parts?

At the end of the day, it's going to be a range toy that sees usage when the 5.56 rifles need time to cool off after running drills. That said, I'm not looking to buy a 9mm that's going to rob my time working through mechanical issues. Probably highly unlikely, but will continue to look for the 9mm carbine nerds to confirm.

If you ever plan on suppressing it the mp5 is hard to beat (the whole roller lock thing), but if suppression isn't an issue I've heard great things about the ghm9

My new GHM9 Gen 2 is currently back at B&T USA for ftf issues with hollow point and flat nose fmj ammo. It runs round nose fmj ammo fine but most subsonic 9mm is 147gr flat nose. I specifically got the GHM9 to run it suppressed with subsonic ammo. I hope they are able to fix it because its definitely fun to shoot especially suppressed.

The tri lug works great with the low profile Silencerco mount on my Octane 9. Also the trigger is a little heavy but I don't mind it at all. It's definitely better than the Scorpion Evo trigger. People have replaced it with a Elfmann trigger.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
The B&Ts are fantastic weapons and I've had no issues with mine (P26, GHM9, GHM45). If you're wedded to the glock magazine platform, lowers can be had for the Gen 2 B&T for under $500. You could build a glock mag lower AR platform for well under $1k if you want to stick with that manual of arms. I just built a wilson combat barreled AR and am beyond happy with it. The B&T weapons have historically had short runs so they are not a bad investment.

I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a standard length GHM9 or APC9.

Has anybody ran both? I’ve read the APC9 is “softer” shooting due to the recoil management system design.

I’ll probably install a binary trigger is which ever one I go with.....it’s a toy not duty weapon.

If you can "invest" in the APC9 I would do so. If you would like a solid B&T 9mm platform, and have another $900+ to invest in mags, ammo and range time, get the standard length GHM9. You can also purchase a glock lower for that weapon at any time.

Here's a update on my GHM9 it still FTFs hollow point and flat nose ammo. It does run a little better but not much better. B&T USA had my GHM9 for over 6 weeks and tried several things to fix it. Still waiting to hear back from them. If you have any major issues don't expect it to be resolved quickly.

People have reported magazines cracking on them when dropped. Hence why B&T made those rubber bumper pads. The feed lips on my mags are starting to get chewed up from the FTFs.

Also I recently purchased the Glock lower and it runs perfectly. Since the Glock mags are center feed, the rounds bypass the dual feed ramp. B&T said there was a ledge above the feed ramp where rounds were catching. They removed the ledge, but rounds are still stopping on the feed ramp or jumping up and hitting the top of the chamber. I highly recommend getting the Glock lower if you get a GHM9 or spend extra and get a APC9. There are less reports of APC9s having FTF issues.

My paitence with B&T USA has gotten pretty thin. I really don't want to deal with this anymore. Shorty after sending my GHM9 for warranty I was diagnosed with cancer. Since, I have crappy luck a blood clot after the surgery to remove the cancer almost killed me.

Looking into the B&T GHM9 over an AR platform 9mm (Glock Mags) for the sake of having double stacked mags that are quicker to load, similar to a standard AR mag. I have read several reviews of the GHM9 having FTF issues, but that appears to be Gen1 renditions. Looking for feedback from Gen2 owners.

Any feeding issues, mag related or otherwise?

Any issues with HP versus ball ammo?

Did you opt for the Glock mag lower?

What do you think of the trigger, weight, pull, etc.?

Any issues with the Tri Lug mounts? Never have ran one of these... seem tried and trued with decades of use.

What would you change about the platform with aftermarket parts?

At the end of the day, it's going to be a range toy that sees usage when the 5.56 rifles need time to cool off after running drills. That said, I'm not looking to buy a 9mm that's going to rob my time working through mechanical issues. Probably highly unlikely, but will continue to look for the 9mm carbine nerds to confirm.

If you want a gun you can pick up and know it will always run go with a JP GMR15. I picked up mine to do all my short range rifle practice and very quickly found out the 9mm ARs are amazing practice. They don't get nearly as hot, they suppress well, they are cheaper to feed and they just flat run.

We had a pair of the B&Ts out at a recent match. They ran well with the right ammo. Neat little toys but not quite there in reliability.

@stimr2 thats a run of tough luck. Hope you heal up quickly!

I think I’m going to go with a APC9.It seems that platform has been refined a little better than the GHM9.

Reactions: stimr2
If you want a gun you can pick up and know it will always run go with a JP GMR15. I picked up mine to do all my short range rifle practice and very quickly found out the 9mm ARs are amazing practice. They don't get nearly as hot, they suppress well, they are cheaper to feed and they just flat run.

Just had a chance to put a few rounds through a JP GMR-15 this weekend at a match where they had five as stage guns.

Only fired 13 rounds through the two rifles I put hands on, but they did feel very smooth compared to my 7” blowback upper. I didn’t hear of any malfunctions and this was with 150+ individuals each putting 10rds of 9mm in an ammo can on one day as a buy in. You could hear the difference in the rounds as they got fired, but never heard about any issues with feeding, firing, or ejecting.

Day two had an ammo manufacturer kick in 4K of 9mm, so it was all the same, but still no issues and it shot like a dream.

Reactions: Darqusoull13
One similar alternative is the stribog. Gen 2 does not have a reciprocating charging handle. Magazines are proprietary but inexpensive. There are multiple reviews out now. Garand thumb has a decent one and compares it with the gh9.

I just bought it so I can't yet comment on how it feeds hollowpoints or flatnosed bullets yet.

It is only $799, then you just need to add a brace of your choice.

One similar alternative is the stribog. Gen 2 does not have a reciprocating charging handle. Magazines are proprietary but inexpensive. There are multiple reviews out now. Garand thumb has a decent one and compares it with the gh9.

I just bought it so I can't yet comment on how it feeds hollowpoints or flatnosed bullets yet.

It is only $799, then you just need to add a brace of your choice.

I'm thinking about one of these and I enjoyed GT's review. Do you mind posting up after you have tried running a variety of ammo?

I've heard good things about the Stribog but I'm waiting for the A3 since it has a delayed action. People have posted Stribog mags cracking as well but at least they're cheaper than B&T mags.

The APC9 running an Omega 9K with the factory lower is a nice rig. Reliable so far with all types of ammo.

I'm thinking about one of these and I enjoyed GT's review. Do you mind posting up after you have tried running a variety of ammo?
Absolutely, it may take me a little while, work and home life are a little busy.

It will be non reciprocating, but I’m not sure I would have felt strongly about it either way.
The reciprocating handle doesn't bother me on my GHM9. I keep hear more and more people having issues with their GHM9. I originally wanted to get a APC9 but decided to get the GHM9 to save a little because I had recently bought a CZ Custom A01-LD. I regret not getting a APC9. Still pissed at B&T USA, I still haven't heard back from them.

I recently picked up my GHM9 but haven't been able to find a Telescoping brace, any ideas where I can find one? I'm always scanning GB and it seems all of the retail sites are out of stock at the moment. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Reactions: Codygreen15822
@Codygreen15822 try the following:

You will probably have to jump on a waitlist.
I'll definitely check those places out. Worst case scenario I'm prepared to wait for the next batch of braces to arrive. Thanks!