• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Camera Land's SHOT Show Report 2017

gr8fuldoug

Supporting Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2006
Old Bethpage NY
www.cameralandny.com
f2af3c4f-e0a7-4a16-82ab-9e0672616b49.gif

Today is the opening day of SHOT Show. Very excited to see what's new, who's new, and what exciting products are being shown for the first time. This year I have set up appointments with a few companies we have been chatting with throughout the past year.....
Carson, Sellmark, Kowa & AIM Sport. We are looking to expand our offerings this year. Looking forward to what this week will bring.

Day 1:

My first meeting was over at Vortex .
I kick off SHOT Show every year with Vortex. We have an amazing relationship with Vortex and I love seeing these guys.
The new products that were announced are very exciting, as they always are.....
Basically the entire PST line of riflescopes has been replaced with a Gen II series....
"This updated favorite hands an unfair advantage to shooters who seek to keep the upper hand in every situation from close quarters to long-range shots. The illumination dial is cleanly integrated into the side focus adjustment knob for easy access and streamlined performance. The glass-etched reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing and features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting."
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP - EBR-2C MRAD, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP - EBR-2C MOA & Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 - EBR-4 MOA
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 FFP - EBR-2C MRAD, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 FFP - EBR-2C MOA & Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 - EBR-4 MOA
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 FFP - EBR-4 MRAD & Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 FFP - EBR-4 MOA
The expected delivery time for these new Gen II's is Mid March.

In the original PST's we do still have a few:
Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP - EBR-1 MRAD #PST-416F1-M reduced to $749.99
Viper PST 2.5-10x44 - EBR-1 MRAD #PST-210S1-M
&
Viper PST 1-4x24 - TMCQ MOA Capped #PST-43111 reduced to $399.99

Before I left for SHOT I was asked on one of the forums what the upgrade is on the new Gen II PST's. I asked our Vortex Tech rep and he replied:
"The new Gen.II PST is altogether a new unit, both optically and mechanically. Starting with the turret system, we’ve integrated our famous RZR-system, borrowed from the Gen.1 5-20x50. Optically, the new Gen.II boasts an unquestionably improved optical-system, yielding significantly better edge-to-edge clarity, contrast, and low-light performance. The illumination controls have been relocated to the parallax knob, which has had its range of operation increased as well. We’ve added a new reticle to the line, the EBR-4, and overall, travel has increased slightly. The new 1-6x24 is a remarkable contrast to the 1-4x24, and altogether, the differences outnumber the similarities."
Seems like they've been taking upgrades quite seriously
smile.gif

They've added a couple of Tactical Diamondback 1" Tube Scopes for an affordable tactical option($299.99 / $279.99 and arriving in just a couple of weeks):
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x40 - VMR-1
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 3-9x40 - VMR-1
"Exposed tactical turrets built for dialing elevation and windage allow quick and precise bullet drop and wind drift compensation at extended ranges. When we say precise—we mean it. These turrets track better than any Bloodhound and reliably return to zero every time. A zero-reset feature lets you re-index the zero reference marks on both turrets after sight in, while fiber optic rotation indicators integrated into the turrets provide a visual cue of your turret’s position."

In Red Dot Sights they've added the:
Venom Red Dot - 6 MOA Dot "A 6 MOA dot promotes rapid target acquisition, while providing a precise point of aim—getting shots down range and on target fast." At $229.99 I think this is a homerun addition to this field of sights.
&
Razor AMG UH-1 Holographic Sight - 1 MOA Dot "The incredible features of the Razor® AMG™ UH-1™ are matched only by its tough, tenacious performance. Absolute zero distortion and an impressive sight picture with unobstructed view ensure rapid, instinctual target acquisition.
The shatterproof XR plus fully multi-coated windows and holographic elements are incredibly durable and promote optimal light transmission. All sensitive components are protected in the base of the sight, increasing durability, while eliminating the need for an obstructive secondary shroud."
At $499.99 I think it's a winner

**Super Exciting** - Vortex Fury HD 10x42 Rangefinding Binocular LRF300 Finally a quality, reasonably priced ($1199.99) 10x42 Rangefinding binocular. "High quality optics and long-distance ranging capability come to together in our all-new Fury™ HD 10x42 Laser Rangefinding Binocular. Convenience, speed, efficiency, and valuable dual-purpose functionality—all the advantages of a high-definition binocular perfectly paired with an angle compensated rangefinder. Right side controls are simple to use and easily manipulated with a single hand – leaving your other hand free to hold your bow, rifle, or other important piece of equipment.
HCD CORRECTED SHOOT-TO RANGE
The Fury uses HCD (Horizontal Component Distance) angle-compensated ranging technology to give bow and rifle shooters the critical distance data needed to make accurate shots. Capable of ranging reflective targets to 1600 yards with an ultra-fast readout."

Once again they have done something untraditional and lowered prices on some popular items...
The Ranger 1000 & Ranger 1500 laser rangefinders
All of the Viper HD binoculars have been reduced in price, as well as all of the Crossfire binocular series.

FYI, We have confirmed a good stock of the Viper 6.5-20x50 Riflescopes in your choice of BDC or MilDot @ $299.99 reduced from $469.99.

Stop # 2 of the morning was with Swarovski or should I now say Swarovski/Kahles

Those of you who have been around a while know that Swarovski distributed Kahles in the USA years ago and then that stopped. Well now that is the arrangement again and the Kahles products are very exciting.
Their Riflescopes include 3 sizes:
1-6x24
6-24x56
10-50x56
The 6-24x56 has a unique way of being offered....Your choice of Right or Left side windage adjustment
These scopes are all FFP with illuminated reticles.
There are 5 different reticles, however, I believe the most popular one will be the SKMR3 which is a Christmas tree configuration:
FFP MIL
0.5 Mil increments on vertical
0.2 MIL increments on main horizontal
0.5 MIL increments on marker bars

On the Swarovski side of things they had such an overwhelming demand for their Z6, Z6i & Z5 Riflescopes during their end of the year Anniversary Sale that they decided to keep these reduced prices going forward into 2017. So nice to see a company lower prices on great products.
They also have begun a promotion on their X5 and X5i Riflescopes reducing the pricing on these fantastic scopes.

It's a power morning with all the big companies. Next stop was Leupold I was hoping they had something as game changing as their VX3i Riflescopes that they showed us last year. I was beyond not disappointed. These guys have it together in a big way. So much going on over here.....

"The all new Leupold LTO-Tracker thermal viewer allows hunters to get a greater understanding of their surroundings and have greater success recovering game long after the sun goes down. The compact LTO-Tracker is only 5.6 inches long and weighs less than 10 ounces, allowing it to be carried comfortably in a pant pocket. While the easy to find CR123 battery delivers 10 hours of continuous operation. Equipped with a 6x digital zoom and 21 degree field of view, this thermal device will detect game up to 600 yards away. The LTO has 6 color palettes to choose from and a user controlled reticle for greater viewing precision. The LeupoldLTO-Tracker is Designed, Machined, and Assembled in the United States and backed by the Leupold 5 Year Electronics Warranty." Only $699.99 and something you've got to check out.
This is the SHOT Show product to see. OH, nice extra added bonus, totally made in the USA
smile.gif

"The new BX-2 Tioga™ HD binoculars have the versatility you need in an affordable package, with an added edge.
Extra-low dispersion (HD) lenses and the Twilight Max Light Management System combine to give you a crisp image,
vibrant color, and optimal contrast in harsh or poor light. Includes GO Afield shoulder strap and binocular case, lens
covers, and lens cloth." Available in all sizes from 8x32-12x50 and in both black and camo I think this will become their main line staple binocular. Priced from $249.99 - $399.99 they'll be taking a bite out of the binocular business in 2017, IMO. It's the same type of addition that last years VX-3i riflescopes were in that price point.OH great news, Leupold listened to the consumers and finally are including a great binocular case and nice strap with all their binoculars. A great improvement over what they were including, you'll be very happy.

Some of you may have already heard some about their new VX-3i LRP (Long Range Precision) riflescopes "When long range hunters, shooters, or precision rifle competitors need extreme accuracy, the VX-3i LRP delivers. The Twilight Max light management system lets you hunt longer, or pick out distant
targets from the shadows with unsurpassed clarity and resolution. Choose first or second focal plane reticles in
MOA or MIL, with matching adjustment increments to match your specific shooting style. The all new elevation
adjustment features a unique travel indicator and adjustable zero stop. The windage dial features a protective cover
that can be replaced with the included thread protector if you prefer running an exposed dial. A redesigned power
selector with included throw lever makes magnification changes quick and easy. The VX-3i LRP defines Versatility."
I feel that this scope series is Leupolds answer to the sub $1000.00 LR Optic offering both 1st and 2nd FP and MOA & MRAD choices. It also features metal on metal zero stop.
Leupold heard little feature requests when building this scope. If you prefer to leave the windage cap off they included a thread protector. Let's you go cap on or cap on while still keeping the threads in tact. They are even including a throw lever in with these great scopes. A nice touches all around.
FYI, for those of you who have wrongly assumed this is a replacement for the Mark 4 you are incorrect. There is a Mark 4 replacement coming mid year. Not a Mark 6, lol, I'm sure you can figure this out
smile.gif

Lastly, is the VX-6HD which is the upgrade replacement to the VX-6.
"The VX-6HD is taking optical performance to a whole new level. We gave it a High-Definition optical system for sharpened clarity, and the Twilight Max™ Light Management System for even greater low-light performance, giving hunters a visible advantage at dawn and dusk when the biggest game is on the move. The new CDS-ZL2 (Custom Dial System ZeroLock 2) elevation and ZeroLock windage dial lock in place so they cannot be inadvertently rotated off their zero. A mere press of a button will allow the user to dial up two turns of elevation, if necessary. On the 2nd revolution of the elevation dial, the button sinks in to show you are on the 2nd turn so you can dial for extended ranges and never lose your place. All VX-6HD CDS-ZL2 riflescopes include one free Custom Ballistic Dial with purchase. To make scope mounting even easier, we added an in-scope Electronic Reticle Level indicator for precise leveling, and a throw lever for fast magnification changes, right or left handed. All VX-6HD scopes include illuminated reticles with an easy to use 1 button intensity adjustment.

OH, wanting you to get some fantastic SHOT Show deals Leupold hooked us up with their Leupold BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide HD 10x42mm Binoculars to offer you at only $379.99 reduced $200.00 from $579.99.

Next in my power morning was Meopta. The past couple of years we have really expanded our business with Meopta.
If you recall a couple of years ago we arranged an exclusive scope:
Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 Plex GDLE which we reduced in price from $649.99 to only $349.99 Yes, for those of you who know me and have figured it out GDLE stands for Gr8fulDoug Limited Edition. We again confirmed to continue to offer these scopes at that very low price which I think is great. We have also arranged to include the neoprene scopecoat with it at no additional charge to you.

In new products they introduced:

It's newest tactical riflescope – the 34mm MeoTac® 3-12x50 RD.
"Designed for use on assault rifles, the MeoTac 3-12x50 RD is an excellent scope for medium-range engagement and engineered to meet the needs of armed forces, security details and tactical shooters worldwide.
This scope features MeoLux™, Meopta’s most advanced lens coating. MeoLux, combined with Schott glass and expert design, enables 99.8% light transmission per lens surface allowing users to see better and longer in the most challenging light. The solid 34mm aircraft-grade aluminum tube allows for expansive windage and elevation ranges of 55 MOA and 100 MOA respectively with click adjustments of 1/3 MOA. The illuminated MilDot 3 RD reticle, located in the first focal plane, enables use of the rangefinding elements of the reticle on any power setting. The new MeoTac 3-12x50 RD also features precision tactical mil-mil turrets with a large grip, easily distinguishable positive clicks and a zero-stop function.
The side-focus parallax adjustment ranges from 27 yards to infinity and the integrated illumination control is also located on the side of the center of the scope, making adjustment in the field quick, easy and convenient. The RD illumination system features a highly defined illuminated red dot reticle with 16 reticle intensity settings for all light conditions and intermediate off positions between every setting. The auto-off function will switch the illumination off if unused for one hour." This new scope is priced at $1999.99. It seems to be a great scope, and Meopta has always made a fantastic product (which is why Zeiss had them making the Conquests all those years), however, I'm not sure if the market place sees Meopta as a $2000.00 tactical scope company. Please share your thoughts with me

MeoRed Reflex Sight
"The MeoRed features high-quality optics and a lower profile than its predecessor, the MeoSight III, allowing users to co-witness with most iron sights. Parallax free and weighing just over an ounce, this sight is ideal for fast, close-quarter target acquisition with both eyes open and accurate shooting on the move.
Designed for use on handguns with cutout slides, AR platforms or shotguns, the MeoRed is well suited for tactical use as well as three-gun competitions, target shooting and hunting close-range moving game such as hogs. It is made from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and is fully waterproof and shockproof. The MeoRed comes with an integrated MIL-STD 1913 mount in addition to an interface plate for a Docter mount and features easy to use windage (180 MOA) and elevation (120 MOA) adjustments. Illumination of the 3 MOA red dot is activated by pushing the control button located on the left side of the sight and the brightness level of the red dot is continuous and easily adjustable. To turn the unit off, press the button and hold.
The MeoRed is powered by one CR 2032 battery for up to 300 hours of run time and features a low battery indicator dot that signals when the battery is running low. There is also an auto-off function that turns the unit off after three hours of continuous operation if the function button has not been touched. The battery compartment is on the right side of the sight and can be accessed without taking the sight off the gun. It is secured with two screws ensuring constant battery contact during extreme recoil."
Priced at $499.99

Meopta expanded their bullet drop compensation (BDC) reticle offerings in select riflescopes for 2017.
The MeoStar R2 1-6x24 RD and MeoStar R1r 3-12x56 RD are now available with two new BDC reticles – the BDC-2 or BDC-3 – with illuminated red dot. Both of these BDC reticles are located in the second focal plane.
The BDC-2 reticle provides holdover out to 800 yards while the BDC-3 reticle provides holdover options out to 500 yards and features hold points for wind correction equating to 10 mph along the horizontal axis of the major yardage lines.

Next up was a visit over at ScopeCoat We have always done a steady business with them. They make a great product, priced right and basically it's a very inexpensive way to keep your gear clean and protected.
Apparently in the past year the new owner has expanded big time and now the parent company is "Sentry Live to Protect". Lots of cool products all designed to keep your gear clean and protected.
Bags and Packs
Cleaning Lubrication
Firearms Covers
Optics Covers
Slings
We discussed all these new additions and will be working with them and our web master to get these products onto our web site. Stay tuned for more.

One last stop today at Carson to see what's new. Last year we brought in the Carson HOOKUPZ™ 2.0 which is a great and easy way to turn pretty much anything into a discope able product. I was curious to see what else they had to expand our accessory offerings.
I was intrigued by their RD Series binoculars. They are a new series for them with powers from 8x26 through 10x50. They seem nice enough for a basic binocular. Designed to look like a Swarovski and priced at $75-$150.00. I'm thinking about bringing them in as our entry level binocular as I feel they are a good unit whos quality appears better than the price suggests.

I cannot believe I scheduled so many meetings for the first day. You'd have thought I would have learned after last year. Once again I will say.....Never again.
Remembering from years past how great it felt on my dried out throat I stopped on the way back to my room for an ice cream cone. I went with Birthday Cake flavor and it was as great as it was last year. Great choice.

OK, Day 1 done. Tomorrow is another day
smile.gif

===========================================================================
Day Two:

Got a couple of hours sleep last night and woke up awake enough to tackle the day.

I started today with Leica It's always great to see Terry and Brian and catch up. We hardly see each other so these shows are wonderful for that.

Nothing much new to report here.
They have the Magnus Series Riflescopes in stock ready to ship.
The ER-5 Series Riflescopes they feel maybe by late Summer for the 2-10's, 3-15's and 4-20's

We discussed customer service and I was pleased to hear that they have more than doubled the staff in that department and are working hard to correct past issues. They too read the forum posts and hear what you've been saying and have been working at correcting some issues.

Sticking with the Germany Optics theme next up was Steiner
I love when there's exciting new products to see. Makes me feel the trip out to the show makes sense lol.
From their dealer info sheet:
"The tactical experience and military background from Steiner is coming through strong in 2017, with upgrades to our battle sights, laser range finding binoculars, a new compact riflescope, and a brand new red dot site with a user-selectable reticle."

R1X Red Dot Tactical Sight @ $599.99
Reticle can be instantly changed from single red dot to 3-dot stadia
Ideal for military and law enforcement
Low-profile red dot sight designed for AR and patrol rifle platforms
Available in standard and QD mounts
Quicker target acquisition and enhanced accuracy
Lightweight, compact, easy to mount and simple to use

M830r Laser Range Finder 1535nm
Steiner has added Bluetooth® capability to the M830r Laser Rangefinder 1535nm binocular, allowing users to upload current weather conditions using wireless technology in order to make a more accurate shot.
The M830r 1535nm is compatible with Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics which provides accurate environmental data for more precise targeting. The data is wirelessly transferred in real-time.
While it was designed for military elite, the new capabilities and extremely accurate long distance ranging make this binocular a valuable tool for long range precision target shooters.
The M830r LRF 1535nm are the only mil-spec, porro prism binocular with laser rangefinder that provides fast ranging accuracy from 25 to 6,000 meters.
M830r Video
OH, only $7999.99
smile.gif

P4Xi Riflescope
This scope is VERY Impressive.
"A new riflescope from Steiner designed for patrol and tactical situations – the P4Xi 1-4x24mm.
This rugged, close-combat P4Xi riflescope offers clear images and a fast-action P3TR reticle to tackle everyday use or sudden combat action. Five daytime and six nighttime illumination settings, with an OFF position between each setting, make the riflescope perfect for any tactical situation that may arise, day or night.
The P4Xi offers true 1X magnification for both-eyes-open shots and 4X zoom for situational awareness and versatility to be used with any tactical rifle in any situation."
P4xi Video Priced right at $579.99.
This scope is German glass and the rest is all made in the USA. Way to go Steiner

HX 15x56 Binocular
Designed for long range hunting and shooting, the Steiner HX series provides ultra clear optics in an extremely rugged package. The new 15x56 model adds in higher power and larger objectives providing exceptional clarity when spotting your target at long ranges. The HX 15x56 is tripod mountable to make remote views rock-steady.
HX Binocular Video
Competitively priced at $1199.99

M332 & M536 Combat Sights
Steiner has updated the popular M332 and M536 battle sights with a Quick Detach (QD) mount. The new mount features an improved lock release making it easier to mount and remove the sight, while still maintaining zero retention.
The new mount is built specifically for military and law enforcement personnel, and is ideal when engaging in close and medium range combat.
M332 & M536 Combat Sight Video
M332 $629.99
M536 $649.99

We are looking to expand our product offerings so my next stop was Sellmark which offers SightMark.
We had a nice meeting and I looked at the SightMark optics. Did not commit to anything. Please, those of you who are familiar with the brand and products please chime in and let me know if we should offer their gear.
They claim that 5 years or so ago their optics were far below the quality they are now. That's great to hear, however, it would mean more hearing it from you then hearing it from them.
PLEASE, let me know your opinions. Thanks

Back to the days Germany theme I went to see my buddies at Zeiss
If you recall from last year there was a new President that I met for the first time. We got to know each other over the past year and have eased into a nice working relationship. He's a great guy and he really wants to get Zeiss back to the front of the optics community.

Their Conquest Gavia 85, 30-60x85mm spotting scope is outstanding optically.
"Thanks to impressive precision, low weight and a robust design, the ZEISS Conquest Gavia is a companion you’ll always want when making discoveries off the beaten path.
To observe the natural world without causing a disruption, you need the right equipment: the new Conquest Gavia 85 spotting scope from ZEISS is the ideal travel companion thanks to its compact design and low weight, so you can capture all the wonders of nature from just the right angle.
The high-resolution lens system and rapid focus transform the shots into unforgettable images. Whether you’re taking photos of individual birds or entire flocks, the 60 × magnification of the Conquest Gavia 85 enables nature observers to enjoy nature to the max, ensuring that no detail goes unnoticed. The universal tripod plate is compatible with a range of tripods.
The new ZEISS Conquest Gavia provides birdwatchers and nature observers with a high-performance spotting scope that is simply great value. Extensive digiscoping accessories go one step further in expanding the wide range of uses."
It should be noted that this spotter has an incredible array of accessory items available for it as well, including a new fitted case for it that is priced reasonably and is very nicely made.

They have redesigned their Terra ED line of binoculars improving the rubber armor coating and in general making them more user friendly. In a mid-priced binocular they have a very desirable product.

Last year we opened up with Hawke Optics . We've done some with this brand but quite honestly no where near what I had projected. Their scopes are all air gun rated, their binoculars are very nice and priced right as are their spotting scopes.
For 2017 they introduced:

FRONTIER 30 1-6×24 TACTICAL DOT:
6x ratio precision engineered optical system
21 layer fully multi-coated optics for ultimate clarity
30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
Long eye relief for high recoil and magnum calibers
Glass etched reticle with red illumination
Rheostat on saddle offers 6 levels of brightness
1/10″ @100yd low profile no-snag fingertip turrets
Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
$799.99

VANTAGE 4-16×50 AO RIMFIRE .17 HMR
11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
Adjustable objective for parallax correction (AO models)
1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
Glass etched reticle with red and green illumination
Rheostat on saddle offers 5 levels of brightness
¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
$239.99

LASER RANGE FINDER PRO
There are 3 units of this very sweet compact unit that is priced so well and is a home run in my opinion.
Fully multi-coated optical system - BK-7 prisms
6x magnification and an adjustable diopter
Ergonomically designed to fit in your hand
Twist-up eye cup to ensure proper eye relief
3 models available 400m ($169.99), 600m ($189.99) and 900m ($209.99)
Beeline/height/angle mode - accurate to +/- 1m
Auto shut off battery save feature
These are going to be a fantastic addition to our rangefinder offerings. I mean really, a good 900 yard laser rangefinder for $209.99. This is a show hit, IMO.

They also showed me their Hawke Vantage binoculars which run under $100.00. If this is your budget then this would be my suggestion. Sorry Carson these look better than the ones you showed me yesterday. I calls it like I see it.

I looked at their Sidewiner ED LR 10-50x60 riflescope.
Extra-low Dispersion glass for optimum detail
18 layer fully multi-coated optics for superior clarity
Side focus control for parallax adjustment to infinity
30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
Glass etched reticle with red illumination
Stepless rheostat offers total brightness control
Interchangeable turrets – quick to install and remove (very cool feature. You can swap to MOA or MRAD)
¼ MOA exposed, locking and resettable turrets
Locking ocular and high torque zoom ring
Nitrogen purged – water, shock and fog proof
Hawke lifetime warranty
It has great features, however, I'm not sure that Hawke is a first choice in a LR scope when you are spending $899.99
What are your thoughts?

In general I do really like their offerings and as I stated I am VERY excited about the new Laser Rangefinder. I look forward to growing with this company as I feel, in general, their value of cost to product is very favorable to the consumer.

To finish up the day I stepped over to the German Pavillion to meet with Minox
It seems each year my meeting with Minox is a mystery unfolding. Last year there was a new National Sales Mgr. and we received notice last month that Blaser USA will become the new Minox distributor in the USA effective January 1, 2017. This is after the past who knows how many years having Minox come from the nice folks at New England Gun and Schmidt & Bender . I had no idea what to expect. We have always been a very strong supporter and believer in the Minox brand so I went into this meeting with an open & hopeful mind.
To my delight the new head of sales seems to be a great guy. Openly showed interest in my opinions and is looking to support the Minox brand and expand it.
I saw a new BV 8x33 binocular which seemed like a great addition at only $285.00
"The MINOX BV series binoculars are particularly characterized by their perfected optical performance, rugged and grippy body, and high reliability even in harsh situations. Excellent binoculars for wildlife observation in any environment."
Product Features:
● Highly optimized optical performance
● M* lens coating for a bright image
● Neutral colour rendition
● 8x or 10x magnification for distant objects
● Non-slip, sturdy aluminum body
● Turnable eyecups - ideal for eyeglass wearers
● Tripod socket
● Waterproof down to 5 m and nitrogen gas purged to prevent fogging

Also liked their new ACX-300 Action cam. Videos can be recorded with an HD video resolution of up to 3K.
150* wide angle lens
3K video recording
Built-in image stabilizer
Photos up to 12MP
2.0" TFT display
WiFi support and operation via Android or iOS App
Included wrist remote control
Waterproof to 98'
Only $199.99

Once again, too many meetings today. I got my after show ice cream cone, Vanilla Bean flavor today. It hit the spot.

=====================================================================

Day 3:

I like to try not to make any meetings for the last day (well my last day as I can only be here for 3 days) but there was one company I really wanted to see. I've been friendly with Paul from optronics for years, however, we've never done any business together. He contacted me a few weeks ago that he was taking the sales manager position over at Kowa , needless to say I was excited. Kowa spotting scopes are awesome and we've been wanted to get heavier with this brand for a while now.
They're spotting scopes are amazing and they are releasing some new compact ones shortly. Stay tuned and as we get more details we will share them with you.

My next stop was at Konus Optics
"Konus specializes in creating high-quality optics at an exceptional value to hunters and shooters worldwide. Italian companies are renowned for design and having a deep understanding for precision and quality. Konus epitomizes this philosophy, creating optics with demanding specifications on the factory to ensure that each product matches a standard requirement before it is released. Since 2006, Konus has been offering their wide range of shooting optics in the American market to much acclaim. Hunters, law enforcement officials and shooters of all kinds consistently rave about the quality and accessibility of the optics, making Konus one of the most up and coming brands in this ever growing category."
We've been looking for a budget priced optics line for a while that offers decent quality. I believe we've found those products here with Konus.
A host of etched glass reticle riflescopes under $100.00 and Spotting scopes under $200.00
We are excited for our next meeting in a couple of weeks and will keep you informed.

The next company I went to, AimCam had the coolest product of the show. (OK, maybe not, but it's very cool). It is a shooting glass, that comes with 3 sets of lenses, with a micro camera mounted on the frame so it does video exactly as you see.
"AimCam is the result of over four years of research and development from an idea on a Skeet shooting ground into the best way to capture true line of sight when participating in Aiming sports.
Our Patented camera system is infinitely adjustable and is best suited to capture line of sight while at the same time can be easily set-up to function as an everyday video camera for all activities. That’s why our catch Phrase is “See It Your Way”!
Existing products utilise a fixed centrally or side located camera which strives to record what the user is seeing with the use of both eyes. These, however, do not record an accurate representation of what the user sees when aiming down the barrel of a shotgun, shaft of an arrow, billiards cue or any other activity requiring precision. This is because a dominant eye is being used whilst aiming. The development of a product which allows consumers to document their experiences from a realistic ‘First- Person’ perspective, as well as act as a training aid, would result in a holistic solution for the documentation of activities such as shooting and archery and allow spectators the opportunity to see what the sports man is seeing/doing for the first time thus increasing uptake and audience participation in our sports.
The AimCam team are all sportsmen, so naturally we took great care to make sure that our products are perfectly suited to the needs of everyone who shares our passion for Aiming sports. We carried out extensive market research to gather feedback from hundreds of potential customers from around the world and the final product design and specification incorporates many of the features which you, our customers, asked us for, be it shaving ounces off the frame to make it even lighter or allowing for interchangeable lenses or even no lenses at all!"

This is a must see product. It is complete with everything (three sets of lenses, micro camera, mounts, cords, internal rechargeable battery and micro SD card) for just $249.99

My last stop was with Nikon. Every year we get together and discuss the possibility of them finally selling us their full line of Sports Optics and each year they turn us away as we are a Nikon camera dealer and Nikon Japan will not allow their photo dealers to also be shooting sport dealers. It's a long story. I loved their new rangefinder with Vibration Resistance as well as their new LaserForce Rangefinder Binocular in 10x42 @ $1199.99.
I hope that in the next few weeks we can figure this out, finally.

I spent the rest of my day walking the show and looking at different things. Nothing to report on just yet, however, we shall see what will come of it.

Being this was my last meeting you know by now where I went. Today was a double scoop day, Coffee topped with Chocolate Chip. Mmmm

If I can answer anything for you, as always, it will be my pleasure. For those of you who took the time to read all of my reports please mention this to me when you place your next order and I'll add a bonus into your shipment. Nice to know that you're taking the time to read the whole thing when I take the time to write it, lol.

As always, thank you for all the support we receive. We are nothing without you, and we know that.
Have a great day

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
516-217-1000

Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Please visit www.PelagicOutfitters.com for your Fishing Tackle needs

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
516-217-1000

Please visit www.PelagicOutfitters.com for your Fishing Tackle needs

Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Finally got a chance to read through this. Thanks for doing the write up. There are some encouraging things out there but I'm really disappointed in the lack of a range finder than can fill the void that Vectronix created when they discontinued the PLRF5 and 10 series. I cant justify 8$k for a range finder.