• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Camo Dipped Scope-Warranty honored?

JoeBobOutfitters

Private
Minuteman
Anyone know what some of the company's warranty is for dipping their scopes after the point of sale? I got this from Tom at Vortex earlier, but was curious on other companies' stance on the issue. I couldn't find what I was looking for searching.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom at Vortex on 1/31/2011</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We don't have a problem with customers dipping or painting our scopes...so long as they keep it away from any moving parts.

Vortex scopes have a waterproof rating of IPX-8</div></div>

Re: Camo Dipped Scope-Warranty honored?

I know acouple of the companies that do the dipping have something on their websites about not being responsible if shit happens to the scopes....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know acouple of the companies that do the dipping have something on their websites about not being responsible if shit happens to the scopes.... </div></div>

Yeah, most scope dippers I think won't warranty a scope dip. I'm curious which manufacturers WILL warranty this, even if it's done aftermarket. USO? Nightforce? Zeiss?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like time to get on the phone..... </div></div>

I figured getting it "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak, in writing, was a better way to go about it since many companies' representatives are on this board
grin.gif