• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing camo gun wrap

jackh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
College Station, TX
what do you guys use to wrap your guns? i was about to buy some stuff at gander mountain, but the guy there told me i should avoid it. he said it will melt to my barrel and will leave a sticky residue when i decide to remove it later on.

Re: camo gun wrap

I have a stainless Ruger Red Label O/U that I use for turkey hunting. I used the "non-stick" camo wrap tape for one year that did leave a sticky residue once removed. The next year I bought a slip-over neoprene cover that works well.

IMG_0696.jpg

After seeing StacyP's success, I'm considering hydro dip for next season.

http://camoclad.com/

you can order the accessory kit and cut the strip to the length you need. For instance, get a winter camo that you can add and remove as snow appears. No residue left behind with this stuff.

I bought some McNett Camo Form. The stuff worked really well. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it goes on and comes off with ease.

+20 for McNett great stuff i have used it for years goes on easy (only clings to itself) but is on there good! really like the acu digital. I have taken mine off and reused it before no problem. here is a pic from a fox hunt in maryland (I was actually deer hunting when i shot this one but saw 2 trotting thought the snow did some coaxers and this is where he ended at the end of this. after a good long fall)

1323060272.jpg

i think it blends well just pick some up from ebay or amazon!

i wouldnt suggest going all the way to the very tip of the muzzle it will singe. not a huge deal but its easier to just stop a half inch short.

If your not worried about a specific pattern you can use vet wrap or self sticking first aid bandages. I like the white for in winter and I use the tan out here in the prairie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tikka'd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+20 for McNett great stuff i have used it for years goes on easy (only clings to itself) but is on there good! really like the acu digital. I have taken mine off and reused it before no problem. here is a pic from a fox hunt in maryland (I was actually deer hunting when i shot this one but saw 2 trotting thought the snow did some coaxers and this is where he ended at the end of this. after a good long fall)

1323060272.jpg

i think it blends well just pick some up from ebay or amazon!

i wouldnt suggest going all the way to the very tip of the muzzle it will singe. not a huge deal but its easier to just stop a half inch short. </div></div>

That is a cool picture. Man does it look cold. Rifle looks good too.

thankyou and it was incredibly cold, especially for a TEXAS BOY!! thats right where the fox landed. My buddy told me in the summer thats a cool waterfall. I considered more of a cold ass icycle.

I like camo form or just vet wrap if its being used during the winter.

Vet wrap seems to absorb more moisture than camo form.