• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

camo painting rifle stock

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
thinking about doing a rattle can paint job on my 22 stock but cant seem to make up my mind on what design i want to try so i was wondering if anyone has any pics of their camo paint jobs on their rifles so i can maybe get an idea on what i want to paint

thinking about doing a rattle can paint job on my 22 stock but cant seem to make up my mind on what design i want to try so i was wondering if anyone has any pics of their camo paint jobs on their rifles so i can maybe get an idea on what i want to paint

I've been suffering from B.B.R.D (basic black rifle disease) for too many years, and recently decided to rattle can my Savage 12 LRP. After watching way too many Youtube video's and searching the web I came to one conclusion and found one unique worthwhile tip.

1. There are so many different patterns, colors, and methods to paint your rifle that your head may explode trying to sort through them all! Personally I am partial to the GaP style pattern, which is a modified woodland. Although Multicam works well; if done poorly it just looks like multi-colored splooge rather than multi-cam.

For making stencils use wax paper sanwiched between blue painters tape (two mirror image stencils for half the work) and messing around in MS paint can yield some cool shapes.

Alas my work in progress:

rattlecan_1_zpsdc678a95.jpg

rattlecan_2_zpsdb277f5a.jpg

Poor Mans Digital

Here's a few of my recent paint jobs. The two 22's together are a Savage Mark II for my sons and a Marlin for my wifes dad. The textured stone paint job is my savage FVSR Mark II. I made the stock myself. It was one of my first projects before I went into business doing stock work. I was going to camo it, and probably still will eventually, but I really like the way the stone and the black look together. The other two rifles are my poor mans digital sponge jobs. If you look close at the darker rifle on top, the stock slides apart so my six year old can shoot comfortably. I'm thinking of doing a post with pics to show how I did it for the dad's here.

Attachments

• 2013-04-03 14.06.14.jpg
    2013-04-03 14.06.14.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7692.jpg
    IMG_7692.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
BumRush6,
I'm very interested in a post about your sliding stock. I work to run kids classes every month. I use a CZ Scout, a couple of Savage Rascals and I just cut the stock on one of my
FV-SRs.
Thanks in advance!

mtcur3,
I have one to do this week, but it's a wood stock. Not as much to it as a synthetic. In the next week or so I should get in another FVSR and I'll get it done.

Krylon on a Savage 22 ... came OK for my first time!

I like this. I have the TR version myself and just painted it green after a failed camo job( the barrel and action are still black). I liked half of the rifle and not the other. Your camo patern breaks the rifle up nicely. Do you have any issues with the bipod leaving marks in your paint or impressions from tightening it down? I never noticed it in the factory black, but my bipod has a pretty good angle to it and tends to do this, maybe it's just easier for me to see now. Just wondering.

Not the greatest pic, but here is a digital camo by shortbus... just read your post regarding spray paint can... see below on lower AR...

German Flectarn did mine in desertish colors, but you can choose any you want and you can get the sticils at Bulldog arms I like them alot.