• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Camp Pendleton Long Range 8-2,3-14

ditchdigger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
In a Trench Somewhere
Didn't you get enough of the wind last month, Scott? ;) FWIW - bring some kind of a cart (in case you didn't last time), as we occasionally have to tote our gear a ways when shooting at Range 117. In addition, there are no facilities of any kind near the firing line at 117 (water, restrooms, etc.), so be sure to bring whatever you think you might need in the way of drinks/food/shade/sunscreen, etc.

Thanks for the tips Greg and no, I need more wind training! :) I'll be there with the Juggernauts....gave up on the 210s after last weekend.

Don't know for sure if I'll be at those matches or not. It depends a lot on what I can get done at the reloading bench and shooting range between now and then. My plan is to bring the new .223 bolt gun and shoot the 90 VLDs. Initial powder testing last week showed some real promise for this rifle, but I don't have a lot of free time to complete load development, then load up a couple hundred rounds for the match, so it will be a close thing. If I can make it, I will be there.

I've been working with the 210 LRBTs and the 208 Amaxes for the last few months in an 11-twist barrel. I can't tame the vertical.....have some good strings and then some awful strings. Pretty sure it's just me: nothing wrong with the bullets. Back to the trusty Juggernauts!

The heavier bullets do tend to give more vertical problems on the bipod, i saw that when i shot the 230s......Form is critical, much more so than with the juggernauts......What bipod are you using?

I've never personally shot the Duplin but most that do seem to like it.....I used the Sinclair F class for a while, then switched to a Phoenix for a few matches then tried a Flex bipod and stuck with that as it seems to suit my shooting style better than the others did......There are so many bipods out there its crazy.

I hate rain I got 2 of 3 in.

I had fun but do not like side hill firing line. I way over adjusted for elevation and sent many rounds way over the target. I did improve on my second sting by 30 points. I will be back and I pick up a boat load of info just listening and asking a few questions.