• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Camp Pendleton White Beach Sunday

Re: Camp Pendleton White Beach Sunday

oh yeah, those cliffs behind your zode I have climbed as an assault climber a few times also.

Uh...I'm curious as to why they are sitting waaaaay oooouuutt in the the WIIIIDDDE open where everyone can see them on a tactical op???

FWIW, that pretty much looks like the same Zodiak and Johnson engine we used Back in '84-'85.

Edit:

In the 1st Ranger BN.

This was just a leisure trip. These boats and engines have changed quite a bit since 85. If this had a been a tactical op it would have been a "over the horizon, night time insertion" and no pics would be available. Just a leisure day.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh...I'm curious as to why they are sitting waaaaay oooouuutt in the the WIIIIDDDE open where everyone can see them on a tactical op???

FWIW, that pretty much looks like the same Zodiak and Johnson engine we used Back in '84-'85.

Edit:

In the 1st Ranger BN.</div></div>

I thought you guys were running impeller jet (pardon the lack of the tech term) on the outboards now. We were in early 02-04.

The current USMC Engine is the 55hp Evinrude Multi Fuel Engine. It comes with both types of lower unit. Some have a DURAJETs and some have a standard prop. That engine you see there is the older style 55 Johnson Submersible (no longer used by the USMC). I prefer to use the standard prop when I dont have divers on board. The durajet is hard on fuel and robs about 20% of the engines power.

The current USMC Engine is the 55hp Evinrude Multi Fuel Engine. The MFE engine runs on JP5, Unleaded gas, whiskey and karoseen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twomanattack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whiskey </div></div>

You waste this National Resource and you'll perish!

hard to believe that someone would waist Whiskey on a boat engine isnt it? I guess that would be the last option for most people.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigSense</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twomanattack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whiskey </div></div>

You waste this National Resource and you'll perish!</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twomanattack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hard to believe that someone would waist Whiskey on a boat engine isnt it? I guess that would be the last option for most people.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigSense</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twomanattack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whiskey </div></div>

You waste this National Resource and you'll perish!</div></div> </div></div>

Some of that crap you find overseas isn't a waste in an engine...just make sure you filter really good first. I'd hate to see a good
eek.gif
engine like that get worms or something....

And FWIW, we would typically train to drop off swimmers at 3000m out. And, hope we had the tide charts right. We had a captain in '82 just about lose a team off Vieques for not doing that right. Another captain had us do a side swim across the bay just upstream from the Panama City, FL Bridge. Then couldn't understand why he hit his head on a bridge piling (then again on the abuttment
laugh.gif
)...hold on
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, that's still too funny. Back in the day, in the 1 BN Rgr, it wasn't considered important enough for any of the officers to attend the Scuba, Scout Swimmer(MTT), or Eng./Demo courses. But, they would lead these ops... Thankfully, they were just training missions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twomanattack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not famaliar with the Ranger protocall and these boats, but the USMC conducts anphibious landings with them</div></div>

You'd probably know it. Most everything in our book back then was taught to us by the Marines. That was the Scout Swimmer MTT. Marine instructors came down and taught a course to selected individuals in the Companies. 20-30 guys went to it once each year. They did all the classes there in the Savannah area.