• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Camp Perry Ohio?

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
Can someone tell me if there are all kinds of vendors at the High Power Rifle Competions that are going on now?

Is it like the ATA Grand or NSSA world shoots that are loaded with vendors that sell products related to their shooting sport?

Re: Camp Perry Ohio?

I would imagine. I can't speak for the high power but, they were there for bulls eye back when I went.

I have been at Camp Perry for the past two weeks and the vendors are all gone, vendors row is pretty much closed down. Only 400 competitors left.

Next year if you plain to come for the vendors come the week of CMP Rifle match that's when the most vendors are here.

If you hit vender row at the right time there are some good deals to be had. Lots of venders would rather sell it than haul it all back to their shop. It's definately a big kids candy store. Bring lots of money!!

Don't bother going down now. As others have said most vendors are gone by the time the Long Range matches start (that was today). Go during CMP week and that will be July 26th.- Aug 3rd 2013.

I've been to both. I can tell you firsthand that Camp Perry has WAY more stuff, with more vendors and a bigger variety, than the ATA Grand in Sparta, Illinois.
I just went to the Grand, think it's still going on right now, and it was like seeing a mini version of Commercial Row at Perry.
Plan ahead and get up to Perry next year. The vendors switch out depending on what competitions are going on, so keep that in mind. You'll need to go visit during the type of match you want to buy for. Smallbore stuff is for sale during smallbore matches, highpower stuff during highpower matches, and so forth.

Thanks for the scoop, saved me a trip. I will wait for next year.