• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Camping at matches

I car camp at most matches. There are always porta-johns. If it is over 100 I will rent a hotel room. Always fun to hang out with folks and engage in post shooting shenanigans. I've stayed in buddies RVs at matches from time to time but I just can't justify the expense of owning one. I prefer car camping to the hotel room.

Reactions: camocorvette
I've done a bunch of all the options at 2 day matches... staying in friends RV's (yes they break and even sharing gas they are spendy), fleabag motels, tent camping, and airbnb split w/ friends.

I think renting a airbnb with friends is the nicest experience overall, and usually about the same cost as a fleabag motel. Saving money is nice too, so I do a fair bit of tent camping.

My daughter and I toughed it out at the Lead Farm match this past summer.... temps hit 115 degrees so we jumped in the river in the afternoon and fortunately it cooled off half decent in the evenings.

IMG_5616.jpg

I've been thinking of getting something like this for the truck (if ok with the MD and if there are port-o-potties)... I detest paying ~$200+ just to stay in some ghetto ass bedbug hotel when shooting matches, and decent hotels are usually too far for 0700hr starts:

There are inflatable and non-inflatable options and lots of choices these days it seems.

33% say it's a waste of money, 33% say it's all about the bro time, 33% say it's completely worth it even without the bros, and 1% are two angry birds yelling at each other about maintenance and how stupid the other one is.

I'd say make your own choice on what you really want, using the pros and cons aired out, and just own the decision.

Showers?

Toilets?

This is how we wound up as “Wamby Pamby Land”.

Camp in a tent, back of a truck, or under the stars.
Stink.
Crap in a bucket with a trash bag (so you dont bury crap around the shooting venue).
cook yer own food.
Drink beer for premium hydration.

Here you go. Not quite civilized, not really caveman.

Screenshot_20230116_132026_Chrome.jpg

2C94D9E4-8141-4981-ABC1-48D90567C9C1.jpeg.jpg

Here you go. Not quite civilized, not really caveman.

View attachment 8049290

View attachment 8049291

Too fancy for me!!!

I do have a Lugable Loo seat I can put on a bucket if I need and dont wanna squat.

Line with compactor bag and some sawdust.
Little sawdust over each crap keeps the stink down.

I get em from a school’s wood shop.

Most of the time, Im out in the woods, I just find a log.
Dig a hole one one side and enjoy the scenery.
Nothing like holding onto a big pistol while crapping cause there is more bear sign with 100 yds than you care to see.
Didnt wanna a surprise with a big poop ready to happen! 🤣🤣🤣