• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Can a class III dealer...?

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
Can a class three dealer request a new examiner be assigned to them? I have had people come into my shop and looking for suppressors and then ask who our examiner is when they find out its S. Snook they said well maybe we will find a different dealer Snook is to slow. They may have been reading horror stories over on silencer talk and maybe they realy wernt as interested as they said they were and used that as an out but if they realy were in the shop to buy my examiner just cost me $$$ so does anyone know if I can get a new examiner?

Re: Can a class III dealer...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can a class three dealer request a new examiner be assigned to them? I have had people come into my shop and looking for suppressors and then ask who our examiner is when they find out its S. Snook they said well maybe we will find a different dealer Snook is to slow. They may have been reading horror stories over on silencer talk and maybe they realy wernt as interested as they said they were and used that as an out but if they realy were in the shop to buy my examiner just cost me $$$ so does anyone know if I can get a new examiner? </div></div>

I have had Sandy Snook since the move to WV. She has always been easy to work with and very proactive in my experience. FWIW she is a ton better than most of the ones that were in DC and got replaced when the NFA branch relocated.

Maybe you should give her a call, she is usually good about answering questions. Sometimes a customer has bad data, in fact I have found that to be the case 80% of the time.

JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fighthard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can a class three dealer request a new examiner be assigned to them? I have had people come into my shop and looking for suppressors and then ask who our examiner is when they find out its S. Snook they said well maybe we will find a different dealer Snook is to slow. They may have been reading horror stories over on silencer talk and maybe they realy wernt as interested as they said they were and used that as an out but if they realy were in the shop to buy my examiner just cost me $$$ so does anyone know if I can get a new examiner? </div></div>

I have had Sandy Snook since the move to WV. She has always been easy to work with and very proactive in my experience. FWIW she is a ton better than most of the ones that were in DC and got replaced when the NFA branch relocated.

Maybe you should give her a call, she is usually good about answering questions. Sometimes a customer has bad data, in fact I have found that to be the case 80% of the time.

JMHO </div></div>
From all the "timeline" threads on Silencertalk and Arfcom, Snook is the worst, and in fact, I can back that up with personal experience. A good friend of mine filed a Form 4 in February, his examiner was Snook. I filed a Form 1 in April, mine examiner was Ashton. I had my form in hand at least a month before he did.

I had her as an examiner on my F1 SBR .. Sandy Snook is about on speed with the rest of the examiners .. I can't complain.

I don't think a new examiner can be requested. They are assigned alphabetically.

Now, if your NFA dealer sends in the Form 4 using his last name instead of the business name, it would go to the appropriate examiner based on the name.

Or, if the business were to change their name. . .

No, they go by the alphabet. You are pretty much set with what you've got. I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't. Give them Howards name, he counter signs all the forms.

Snook is our examiner also. Its not that she is slow.Its that she has been there a long time and seems to have a bigger workload than others. She has been a little slow lately but,when they are caught up she is not bad. All but 2 maybe 3 examiners are in the 4-6 month range right now.We use to have Ted Clutter and he was always pretty good ,but even he is in the same timeline as snook right now. Be careful what you ask for you never know they might give you a different examiner and he/she could be slower or some anti-gun bitch that loses your stuff on purpose.

Ive had Snook a few times now and she is always very nice and easy to talk to. I left a part of my trust paperwork out on a form 1 SBR. she called me and said if you fax it to me right now I will approve it and send it on back. Well I did just that and two days later had my paperwork back approved. She might be going slower with the workload they have right now BUT, she takes her job seriously and does everything to the T. I would rather have her then anyone else.

I think any customer that is overly concerned with which dealer they use based off their assigned examiner, would be better served elsewhere.

If someone asked me who handles my transfers, I would ask "why does that matter?" The transfers are approved when they are approved.

People are so damn dumb...

There is always that jackass customer that calls every 3 days... is my stuff there yet? No its not pleae give it a month, here is your serial number call as much as youd like.... Im about to do my FFL/SOT and I wont be dealing with people like that. Plus Im probably only going to stay local as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is always that jackass customer that calls every 3 days... is my stuff there yet? No its not pleae give it a month, here is your serial number call as much as youd like.... Im about to do my FFL/SOT and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #000099">I wont be dealing with people like that.</span></span> Plus Im probably only going to stay local as well. </div></div>

HaHa Ha, Good luck with that.