• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can Anybody Identify This Daniel Defense Barrel Profile?

thorbird

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2008
Maryland
Can anybody identify the profile of this 16" Daniel Defense 1 in 7 5.56 barrel? It has the M4 ramps. I bought it a over a year ago, and planned to do a build with it, but I think I want to go with a Wylde Chamber. It is light as hell. Surprisingly light. I can't find the paper work, but I think it is a government profile?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Same concept, light under the handguards and the std .750" at the gasblock stepped down to .740" in front.

The way most DD barrels shoot, not sure if you see an advantage with the Wylde chamber.

Daniel Defense has a page with barrel markings here . . . https://danieldefense.com/barrel-id

If it is a Daniel Defense barrel, it may be one of their older, non-hammer forged barrels. I have to say, though, the profile doesn't look like the DD barrels I have seen. I also don't recall seeing that symbol by the chamber on their HF barrels - can't speak directly to their older barrels. Did you buy it from a reputable source?