• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Can anyone help me ID the unit and or solider who used my KAC SR25?

damcv62

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
Lancaster, Pa
This is a KAC SR25 that was sent back to KAC for a tune up by the military, and they just replaced the rifles for them. I've owned it since Aug, the suppressor paper work just came back yesterday. I've got some photos of them getting shipped back to KAC, it has to have been in the last two years. I've got the deployment kit, hard case, repair kit, cleaning kit, five mags in matching camo. There was also some photos of the rifles in action, but they weren't all that great, not sure it would help with figuring out who might have used it. I under stand where they were used might be classified, but if I could buy the guy a beer that would be cool enough for me.

I figure it's a long shot, but I have to give it a try. I cross posted this from ar15 as a number of members there said there was some shooters here who might have insight to it. Guess there might have been a couple of people who used this rifle, but that's a starting point.

Oh, and it shoots amazing. Have shot a number if semi 308's, this was my firsts Knights. It won't be my last. Took it out to 600 yards, nothing but ringing steel all afternoon.

Added, KAC has the log books, but they didn't ship with the rifles of course.

Photos:

image2146.jpg

image2145.jpg

image2143.jpg

image1993.jpg

More photos:

Mine is in the middle, the rifles at the top are the ones in the later photos labeled as USMC.

IMG-20130811-00162.jpg

IMG-20130811-00161.jpg

IMG-20130811-00159.jpg

Did you get this through some program?

No, they were returned to KAC and as I've been told per the contract KAC was able to supply new rifles with these going to the trade in value for the new rifles. This was done with Barrett on some 82's after the first Gulf war.

That is awesome, you are a lucky guy. I would love to own one some day of they ever release more. I would be all over a USMC M110 if they ever make it to public hands one day.

That is awesome, you are a lucky guy. I would love to own one some day of they ever release more. I would be all over a USMC M110 if they ever make it to public hands one day.

You can buy an M110 deployment package now if you'd like. I thought about one, but at $26k they are a step above what I got.

I think that one came from the "Jxxx" warehouse in KY that all USASOC (particularly SF and Ranger) units can use for supply. That one is a early military edition SR25. It's definitely a Vero Beach gun so prior to 2004. The FF RAS was being used in 2002 but we had some additional ones on the books that were the same with the carbon fiber handguard. We left the "borrowed" rifles in country and they were passed on to the next group that replaced us. Later rotations we signed for the same weapons again (same but different ones). I can't tell from your pics, but that's a 24" barrel right?

This one had a good chance of sending a few Haji's to meet their virgins. To me it's far better than a limited release M110 or Mk11 that came straight from the factory.

Last edited:
I think that one came from the "Jxxx" warehouse in KY that all USASOC (particularly SF and Ranger) units can use for supply. That one is a early military edition SR25. It's definitely a Vero Beach gun so prior to 2004. The FF RAS was being used in 2002 but we had some additional ones on the books that were the same with the carbon fiber handguard. We left the "borrowed" rifles in country and they were passed on to the next group that replaced us. Later rotations we signed for the same weapons again (same but different ones). I can't tell from your pics, but that's a 24" barrel right?

This one had a good chance of sending a few Haji's to meet their virgins. To me it's far better than a limited release M110 or Mk11 that came straight from the factory.

Is there anything you'd want photos of to help ID it? It looks to be a 20" barrel. I can send you a private message if that is better.

Is there anything you'd want photos of to help ID it? It looks to be a 20" barrel. I can send you a private message if that is better.

gotcha on the 20" barrel- I just couldn't tell from the photo in the case w/out the can. I'd bet KAC will give you some info better than an educated guess.

Last edited: