• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can Canada company ship primers to the US?

Wouldn't the simple solution be to call and ask if they can get border clearance for hazmat?

I have ordered lots of things from the friendly neighbor to the north. I think some of it was hazmat labeled - although I don't remember what category.

I just became a member and was perusing topics on here, and thought I could contribute to this one. Anyway, to import primers you'd need to be concerned about more than hazmat shipping. You'd need to complete and submit (and have approved) an ATF Form 6 "Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles" prior to having them ship. Primers, powder, bullets, cases, hulls, etc. fall under Ammunition. However, that's not all. At the same time you need an Export Permit from "Natural Resources Canada Explosives Regulatory Division." They control the type and quantity of ammunition, powder, primers, etc. that can be imported into Canada, exported from Canada, and transported through Canada... Finally on top of all of that, you still need to find a Canadian retailer willing to ship them to you... Now you can see why they don't want to mess with it.
I researched this 5 years ago when I was considering becoming an 06 FFL (Mfr of Ammunition). Why? Because the ammunition I currently make for myself was going to be what I sold - which is obsolete ammo for antique rifles. Stuff like .577 Snider, .41 Swiss, .43 Egyptian, 11mm French Gras, and numerous other custom-made cartridges. And to expand my market I was wanting to sell to antique rifle owners in other countries like Canada, Britain, Australia, etc. Well, I never applied for my 06 FFL because I received a promotion at work and was (am) making a lot more than I thought I could making cartridges. However considering what typical ammo is selling for right now, maybe I should've went with making ammo Hahaha!

Looks like there is going to be a lot of shortages in Canada soon! No body will have anything! LOL

I still say someone moves there starts running a team of donkeys and runs primers over the boarder like the do from south America into north America but instead of coffee or drugs you ship primers through the woods and mountains around lakes and over steams , ever vigilant of the mighty moose and squirrel not only could you make a bundle but the tales of your tribulations could start books and movies and spart the fire freedom was built upon . You could be like a modern day Juan Valdez of with donkey teams or dog sleds bringing people the freshest mountain grown Colombian cocaine I mean coffee and primers at reasonable prices :giggle: .

• Haha
Reactions: BCX
Just curious if anyone has ever bought reloading components from a Canadian company.
If it wasn't for COVID and all that I imagine people could just drive across the border for a day and buy stuff and bring it back. That is if you live near the border or have a contact near there.

While I shall not confirm or deny I have heard of people buying items and having them shipped to a US address and then people who were visiting would just pick them up. Most of those people did that with camera equipment to avoid insane taxes or whatever. One friend lives in Australia, bought a new camera system (and lenses) and had it shipped it to his buddy's house in Los Angeles. A flight attendant that had the LA to Sydney route would then get a back pack full of camera gear and add that to their carry on (not in the original boxes) and deliver it or whatever.

If it wasn't for COVID and all that I imagine people could just drive across the border for a day and buy stuff and bring it back. That is if you live near the border or have a contact near there.

While I shall not confirm or deny I have heard of people buying items and having them shipped to a US address and then people who were visiting would just pick them up. Most of those people did that with camera equipment to avoid insane taxes or whatever. One friend lives in Australia, bought a new camera system (and lenses) and had it shipped it to his buddy's house in Los Angeles. A flight attendant that had the LA to Sydney route would then get a back pack full of camera gear and add that to their carry on (not in the original boxes) and deliver it or whatever.
Unfortunately with illegally moving primers from Canada to the US, a person is breaking the laws of both nations which could result in prison time and heavy fines from both countries. Or if one has a friend from Canada involved, then that person faces the same consequences. Not to mention being a felon if convicted, and never being legally eligible to own a firearm again. I imagine the penalties are stiffer than for camera equipment, and we now have an Administration and DOJ that's even less firearms-friendly. Do I want primers? Hell yeah. Do I have friends in Canada who would help me out? Yes. But I personally wouldn't risk them going to prison or incurring massive fines. Even if the Canadian dollar is less LOL

Reactions: alamo5000
I still say someone moves there starts running a team of donkeys and runs primers over the boarder like the do from south America into north America but instead of coffee or drugs you ship primers through the woods and mountains around lakes and over steams , ever vigilant of the mighty moose and squirrel not only could you make a bundle but the tales of your tribulations could start books and movies and spart the fire freedom was built upon . You could be like a modern day Juan Valdez of with donkey teams or dog sleds bringing people the freshest mountain grown Colombian cocaine I mean coffee and primers at reasonable prices :giggle: .
That actually conjured up funny images in my head. :)

Reactions: acudaowner
I meant, see the quote in my post that you quoted.

Yeah, I do that yearly with non firearm parts. Reloading equipment is much cheaper and shipping is usually free or dirt cheap. Unfortunately Ive had a CPS and about $1000 worth of stuff sitting no more than 50ft from the border since March with no feasible way to get it. Stupid thing is. I could have hopped on a plane, flown to the US, drove wherever I wanted, pick up my stuff, and flew home. But I cant drive 50ft across the border with a mask/clear covid test to grab my stuff and come back 🤷🏻‍♂️