• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can I get a Primer on Primers please?

Was it a suggestion, or just what they tested with? The CCI is far more available generally. I use them in magnums and super magnums. Test some 215’s if you like.

AH... ok. It was written in their Load Data specs so I thought it was the rule. Thanks. Like I say... I'm still relatively new to this so I check before doing anything no matter how stupid it makes me look. haha

215s were designed for lighting off 100+ gr charges of slow burning powder.
No real reason I can see to go with a Mag primer in 300 PRC.
GM210M / CCI BR2 usually give better consistency in 300WM vs GM215M. PRC isn’t running enough slower burn rate or enough larger charge to really warrant a GM215M.
If running CCI250s, already using a mag primer.
GM215M is just a “Match” version, Hornady just covering base of “match grade will give you better overall consistency”. GM215M may or may not give you better ES, SD and accuracy at distance vs CCI 250.

Ok... anyone got some

RETUMBO 8 LBS
H100 8 LBS
ALLIANT 26 8LBS

they wanna part with? LOL Funny guy..... I know.

Last edited:
Usually primers dont make or break a load, and everyone has their favorites. It’s considered good form these days to have plenty on hand, so if you find some 215’s or the 215M (match), snap them up!

Hey.. just found 215M primers --but, unlike every other place, they won't ship to CA - BOO!

They also had Alliant 25 and Ramshot Magnum!

Last edited:
Use whatever magnum large rifle primer you can find these days.......and start low and work up

Reactions: lash
No real reason I can see to go with a Mag primer in 300 PRC.
GM210M / CCI BR2 usually give better consistency in 300WM vs GM215M. PRC isn’t running enough slower burn rate or enough larger charge to really warrant a GM215M.

I run BR-2s in my 300 PRC. I don't shoot when/where it's cold, so can't comment on how they fire when the temp drops low, but for "normal" temps I find them to be more consistent than 215Ms.

Over the winter I shot some 210M's in 10F weather...in my 300PRC. The SD's were about 5-7...depending on the powder I used. At that time I was switching between Retumbo and N565.

The other day I picked up 3000 215M's because Sportsman's Warehouse had them for $29.99...and IN STOCK.

Over the winter I shot some 210M's in 10F weather...in my 300PRC. The SD's were about 5-7...depending on the powder I used. At that time I was switching between Retumbo and N565.

The other day I picked up 3000 215M's because Sportsman's Warehouse had them for $29.99...and IN STOCK.

They don't ship do they? You have to go to their store

Use whatever magnum large rifle primer you can find these days.......and start low and work up
While I do use federal 210s for my .260, I’m in agreement here regarding magnum primers. When I started loading for my .338 LM, I happened to have Winchester WLRM on hand and used those. I’ve been using them ever since and get 10-shot SDs in the low to mid single digits using H1000. I see no reason to change.

They don't ship do they? You have to go to their store

Yea....it is buy online..pick up in store....but with their limits...the Hazmat would crush you. Now that I'm looking...I'll run to the store today..they have CCI #400's for $23.90 per thou....limit 1. I need to just get out of the house today.

Yea....it is buy online..pick up in store....but with their limits...the Hazmat would crush you. Now that I'm looking...I'll run to the store today..they have CCI #400's for $23.90 per thou....limit 1. I need to just get out of the house today.

ahhhh man I could use some 400's lol. I'm in Central, OH.... wish I was a little closer.

Reactions: b2lee
ahhhh man I could use some 400's lol. I'm in Central, OH.... wish I was a little closer.

I'll be driving by you around 6am Saturday morning....going from N.KY>Cincy>Columbus>Zanesville>Kimbolton....to TVP...I'll just toss them out the window as I drive by.

Reactions: lash
I'll be driving by you around 6am Saturday morning....going from N.KY>Cincy>Columbus>Zanesville>Kimbolton....to TVP...I'll just toss them out the window as I drive by.

I just PM'ed you lol

Well sorry @Gustav7 ....I tried to do a brother a favor. I get there...walk to the isle with the primers...and I'm like...hell yea...they got a ton of primers.

primers.png

And then it was all Large Rifle, Large Rifle Magnum and Large Pistol Magnum...I was like WTF? I heard a guy besides me go, "Why so many large rifle magnum?....nobody shoots that!"....and then I grab a box of 215M's and walk on. They'd only let me have ONE box this time. Stupid rules!

Anyway...bought a box of 215m's and they had 1 bottle of Accurate 2230 on the shelf for $23.99....so I bought it just because. I can load some 223 plinking ammo with it.

I did however order some Primers for a Store to Store transfer....but no stores have them...so basically it acts as a pre-order...but gets around some rules I guess. I do have some 400's ordered in bulk that should hopefully be here in a week or so.

Again...sorry @Gustav7 ...I tried...but you did get me out of the house and into a big juicy Chic-Fil-A sandwich with a side of Mac-n-Cheese.

Reactions: Gustav7
Well sorry @Gustav7 ....I tried to do a brother a favor. I get there...walk to the isle with the primers...and I'm like...hell yea...they got a ton of primers.

No worries man, I really appreciate you trying. Hit me up if the big order comes through

Reactions: b2lee