• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can over gas destroy accuracy?

You need to choke the gas flowing back into your bolt carrier expansion chamber.

I personally use Bootleg Adjustable Gas carriers, which are easy to adjust through the ejection port with a flat head.

Others have been having great results with Riflespeed adjustable blocks with 12 positions.

I built 2x 6.5 Grendels with 12” CLGS barrels, one of which got a 5” Ultra and the other an Ultra 7. Both have Bootleg carriers set at fully-choked when suppressed, both run great. I’ve shot my 12” for 7 years, 6 of those suppressed with the Ultra 5.

Ejection can easily be set at 4-4:30.

FYI the Bootleg adjustable system does not choke down the gas like an adjustable gas block; it bleeds off excess pressure before it gets to the carrier's piston chamber.

I use them too, and have been since before most anyone else here was talking about them, but prefer to also use a set & forget style AGB for initial tuning of the gas system unsuppressed, and then only use the Bootleg carrier to adjust for suppressed use.

Another good option I also like is Seekins' "Select Adjustable" gas block - do the initial tuning with a set screw, then you have about 6 clicks of adjustment with a handy lever to go from unsuppressed to suppressed. Downside is it only works with certain handguard configurations unless you're willing to heavily modify them.

Reactions: tucaz