• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can someone look something up for me? (1903 Springfield ID)

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I bought what I believe to be a (more-or-less) replica of a 1903 Springfield NRA Sporter but I want to try to verify what it is. Does anyone have a book they can check? I'd contact SRS but it seems like you have to subscribe and I just don't particularly want to at this time. Thanks.

I bought what I believe to be a (more-or-less) replica of a 1903 Springfield NRA Sporter but I want to try to verify what it is. Does anyone have a book they can check? I'd contact SRS but it seems like you have to subscribe and I just don't particularly want to at this time. Thanks.

What exactly are you wanted to be checked? Serial Number???

Also not totally original.

DSC_0108.JPG
    DSC_0107.JPG

Nice old Shooter's rifle. Beautiful to me.
    I bet he could put em in there with that.
    As to modifications, where do you want to start?

Asking for a friend, "Is this still available?"

What is S/N? Makes a difference, as all data stamped on it does.

Reactions: ZG47A
    Nice old Shooter's rifle. Beautiful to me.
    I bet he could put em in there with that.
    As to modifications, where do you want to start?

Asking for a friend, "Is this still available?"

What is S/N? Makes a difference, as all data stamped on it does.
    I don't want to post the serial number openly but I will PM it to you if you have a reference to check. Barrel date is later than the serial number. I think the barrel is stamped G and F under the stock, along with a proof mark. The only modifications that I can spot are the notched stock, modified bolt handle, and the rear bridge has been regrettably D&T. Anything else you can see? The only thing I've done is mount the scope. I need to get a sling, and someday I'd like to get a MVA B5. And no, it's not really for sale at this time.