• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Can this work as far as multiple muzzle devices for a suppressor?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Was going to get a suppressor for the Barrett MRAD. Haven't decided on which yet, but the idea is the same; get the suppressor for a 338 and use the muzzle brakes for all of the barrels so I can use the same suppressor from 6.5, to 308 to 300WM through 338.

For reference, AAC makes a brake in the 3/4-20 pitch that Barrett uses. Is this as simple as having the AAC Titan brake (which is made for the 338) put on each separate barrel or is the fact they are different calibers/diameters going to screw up my idea?

Was going to get a suppressor for the Barrett MRAD. Haven't decided on which yet, but the idea is the same; get the suppressor for a 338 and use the muzzle brakes for all of the barrels so I can use the same suppressor from 6.5, to 308 to 300WM through 338.

For reference, AAC makes a brake in the 3/4-20 pitch that Barrett uses. Is this as simple as having the AAC Titan brake (which is made for the 338) put on each separate barrel or is the fact they are different calibers/diameters going to screw up my idea?
    While I don't have the brake/can your referencing, I did the same thing with a TBAC Ultra. I have 4 different rifles (223, 224V, and two 6.5 CMs) that all have the same 30cal CB brake installed. I swap suppressor between them during range trip. Works perfectly, but will likely be adding another can or two simply to keep on same rifle.

Your idea should be fine so long as brakes are super secure; I found one rifle that needed another round of Rocksett as can was a bit tighter than expected when barrel was hot, tried to remove suppre and started spinning off brake. A waited for barrel to cool and it came right off again without issue.

Rocksett solved that though.

I did the same with a 30 cal, 6 different rifles are with the same muzzle device and move it between guns. I was told it wouldnt be as effective on my smaller caliber rifles but it was just fine and worked as i assumed it would.

Shouldn't be a problem, TBAC has 338 brakes for the MRAD and in 5/8x24.

FYI Those AAC Titian brakes are crazy expensive. I almost bought a Titian awhile back, but the pricing and availability of the muzzle brakes caused me to abandon that idea.

The Thunder Beast is the current 338 can to get, but Q and Dead Air have also talked about doing a 338 can in the future.

This doesn't sound like you. German would get one of each without thinking twice.

You are aware of AAC's CS and warranty issues, right? And the issue with the 51T? Their new mount is the same thing but with more teeth. This removes some of the wobble and play, but it also makes the teeth finer and they were already at risk of wear being exposed like they are. You damn sure would not want one in the army, that's a fact. Saker was the solution to AAC's problems, too bad Sico made it!

If I were you, I'd get one in 5.56, 7.62 and .338 at least. The TBAC for .338 without a doubt, or Elite Iron if you want to save a little and don't mind the weight. I went that route when I was trying to stock up prior to 41F.

The only way I ever got AAC mounts that fit was to buy ten and try 'em all and pick the best fits and send the rest back. No shit, I'm not kidding. I have four of the goddamn things and I wish to god I'd just gotten Sakers. The one I do have is worth more to me and all four of those AAC cans.

AAC makes a GREAT CAN. I won't deny that. SDN6 is easily one of the best and probably the boilerplate .300BLK can. But the mount just fucking kills anything they do. It ruins it all. A direct thread AAC can, now that would probably be fine. But I really don't use those.

I have quite a few cans, and I can without a doubt say the TBAC and Saker are my favorites. But the Liberty .22 cans get used the most (Liberty is the red headed stepchild in suppressors, they mostly make hunting and range oriented stuff but their .22 stuff is just a knockout).