• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Can U identify these triggers?

308Dude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2009
Northern CA
I've got these two Rem 700 triggers. I'm pretty sure the left-side one is an adjustable X-Mark. I'm not sure about the one on the right, which is non-adjustable. Are there variations in the X-Mark line.

Pic #1
IMG_4132.jpg

Pic #2
IMG_4133.jpg

Pic #3
IMG_4134.jpg

Re: Can U identify these triggers?

I think they are equal. The external adjust one is weaker in the shoe area, and can snap pretty easily with little side load. Other than that, they are pretty much identical inside. They are useable with a good tune up. I have one on a .260 at 3 pounds. It is crisp, and I think some of them are even adjustable down to around 2.5 pounds. I personally prefer the Timney, but have X-Marks on 2 of my rifles, and I am happy with them for now.

Re: Can U identify these triggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and can snap pretty easily with little side load</div></div>

+1, broke 2 of them.