• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can we discuss chassis? MDT ACC vs AI AT-X

Aggrofish

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2013
So I have an itch to build a long range rifle. I have a Ruger PRP in 6.5CM, Savage .308, and a savage 110 in 338LM. I generally shoot 800-1200 yards. I was looking at picking up a SA 700 clone with .308 bolt to drop in a chassis. I dont compete and I prefer prone to a bench, but if I wanted to try out a local PRS match I wouldn't want my chassis to be the limiting factor.

I really like the minimalist styling of the AT-X chassis but it seems to get a lot of hate from people. Why? Is it that bad, or is it just not ideal for PRS?Ideally I want a folder. Should I just suck it up and get an MDT ACC or something else?

the red AT X chassis is sleek, sexy and seductive. I saw the AI Team bring them out to our PRS match , months before AI put them up for sale in USA. They created quite a stir on firing line. Bring one to firing line even now and it
is a magnet to gawk and drool at.

Reactions: Aggrofish
As noted, AT-X is a good choice. Keep in mind it is not M-LOK. MDT makes a good chassis. For kicks, I would also look at the Cadex Strike Pro.

Once you pair with a good action and / or barreled action, your shooting will probably improve. Personally, I still have a Savage LA, and think it is underappreciated, but pair up a great chassis with even a Bergara or Tikka barreled action, and you will think you have moved from driving a Honda to a Masserati.

I definitely think that MDT is going to offer better customer support if you had an issue.

Otherwise I'll second the post above that said that the AT-X will not be a limiting factor.

So I have an itch to build a long range rifle. I have a Ruger PRP in 6.5CM, Savage .308, and a savage 110 in 338LM. I generally shoot 800-1200 yards. I was looking at picking up a SA 700 clone with .308 bolt to drop in a chassis. I dont compete and I prefer prone to a bench, but if I wanted to try out a local PRS match I wouldn't want my chassis to be the limiting factor.

I really like the minimalist styling of the AT-X chassis but it seems to get a lot of hate from people. Why? Is it that bad, or is it just not ideal for PRS?Ideally I want a folder. Should I just suck it up and get an MDT ACC or something else?
We would be happy to help answer any of your questions on the ACC Chassis. We also offer a 30-day return policy for you to try it out, and if you are not happy with it, feel free to send it back to us for a refund

We would be happy to help answer any of your questions on the ACC Chassis. We also offer a 30-day return policy for you to try it out, and if you are not happy with it, feel free to send it back to us for a refund
Appreciate it. I'm going to get an MDT (dont know which one yet) for my savage LA in 338 lapua.

I like MDT overall very much...but, would suggest looking at the Vision Chassis for comparison. Yeah, bit of money but I think that by the time you add the top covers and vibration dampers I believe they come out to be very close in cost.

Gulf Coast Precision is their US distributor (think I got that right and I've had very good experiences talking/ordering from GCP).

1714152933392.png

1714152982374.png

I like MDT overall very much...but, would suggest looking at the Vision Chassis for comparison. Yeah, bit of money but I think that by the time you add the top covers and vibration dampers I believe they come out to be very close in cost.

Gulf Coast Precision is their US distributor (think I got that right and I've had very good experiences talking/ordering from GCP).

View attachment 8405304

View attachment 8405307
hot damn

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
The Vision is definitely nice but the issue is access to parts.
I think thats the problem with AI's "key slot" after a lot of looking I'm leaning heavily towards the MDT. I have time maybe a nice titanium blue one with show up with all the bits in the PX for a song

Reactions: NiteQwill
I love my the atx aics chassis ergos. Have 3 and an ai atx rifle. Also have a few acc elite. The only advantage mdt has is slightly wider forend, and the mlok VS keyslot/keymod whatever. But once you add some ai weights or sawtooth side Trax the forend width advantage is nil. The bore height to arca rail dimension of the atx is only bested by xlr envy pro. Both these chassis track very well under recoil off of a bag.

Last edited: