• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can we get a MK12 Build thread pinned??

Makeshift Mando

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2020
New Hampshire
I love seeing all the mk12 post and builds on here. Do you think we can get a mk12 Mod 0/1/H build list pinned thread? When I go over to the bolt action forum there are a few build list pinned and they are extremely helpful and even helped me build my m24. I know there is a whole thread on AR15.com but why not make one here?

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

I would like one

I still gotta build a lower for this one and get a mk5 or atacr
BA6118AF-13A3-41D1-AFD1-F4C8D8210168.jpeg

Thanks for this thread. I don’t have a mk12 build, but always thought the PRI handguard was sexy. Still want to put one on my SPRish build one day. Now it’s on my mind again

This one's a work in process. Have an 18" barrel coming from Compass Lake, and the correct can is still in jail. Planning to build it out like one of the sniper comp MK12s.

View attachment 7959389
Sexy. I have to hold off on getting KAC handguards for now since they are OOS everywhere. Settled for Larue in the mean time. But with their lead times maybe I can snag a KAC and cancel haha. My progress so far, Mod 1 obviously lol. Have a barrel on order with Compass Lake as well.
1664566484416.png

Reactions: jh2785
Sexy. I have to hold off on getting KAC handguards for now since they are OOS everywhere. Settled for Larue in the mean time. But with their lead times maybe I can snag a KAC and cancel haha. My progress so far, Mod 1 obviously lol. Have a barrel on order with Compass Lake as well.
View attachment 7967050
Looks like you've got a good start!

I feel like I read somewhere that they're expecting a batch of handguard soon, but I could be losing my mind. I know the pricing has been updated on a lot of sites, so that might be a good sign. Either way, dont pay the current scalper prices.

The KAC rep I emailed a few weeks ago said they'd start hitting shelves again in like 2-3 months. Emailed them again this week for an update and they said they can't say when they'd be back. I'm on half a dozen email notification lists so when one hits I will drop everything and rush to check out.

Reactions: jh2785 and Bakwa
Since were posting builds I'll show mine off.
IMG_5798.jpeg

Build List:
Upper Reciever: C-Stamped Keyhole Upper w/ Teardrop Forward Assist
BCG: C-Stamped Colt BCG
CH: PRI Gas Buster
Barrel: Douglas 18" 1:7 Twist Black
Gas Block: Crane Mk12
Muzzle Device: AE Brake and Collar with JBI Faux Suppressor (waiting for real deal)
Bipod: KAC Bipod Mount with Harris Bipod
Scope Mount: A.R.M.S. #36 S-Ex Swan Rail with A.R.M.S. #22H Rings
BUIS: KAC
VFG: KAC Broomstick
Scope: Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10

Lower: Brownells M16a1 Clone lower
Grip: Ergo Grip
LPK: KAC
Stock: Colt A2 Surplus
Trigger: Geissele SSA-E

I love seeing all the mk12 post and builds on here. Do you think we can get a mk12 Mod 0/1/H build list pinned thread? When I go over to the bolt action forum there are a few build list pinned and they are extremely helpful and even helped me build my m24. I know there is a whole thread on AR15.com but why not make one here?

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
My "Mock 12" is my favorite rifle I've ever built. I just ordered an OCM5 for it so I'm stoaked.
IMG_0813.jpg

Sandman S with Manta Cover (OCM5 on the way, OCL Break will replace the FCD)
FCD 6315K
Otter Creek SPR Collar
Centurion Barrel
Centurion Rail
Centurion GB and GT
Cloud Defensive Rein 3.0 One Hundred Concepts Light Cover
KAC Broomstick and Magpul Rail Covers
Atlas Bipod
BCM Mk2 Upper
Noveske BCG
PRI Ambi Gasbuster
SOLGW Scalper Lower
Colt LPK
Centurion AST
HRF RCM
B5 Trigger Guard and Grip
Ace SOCOM Stock
SpringCo Green with H3 Buffer
Trijicon Creedo 2-10 KDG Mount Tenebraex Killflash/Scope Cover
Holosun 503 KAC Offset Mount Tenebraex Killflash

Last edited:
1677804282005.png

Finally finished up my mk12 mod 1 "fdny" inspired build. Probably my favorite rifle to shoot.

Criterion upper/barrel/bcg (eventually switching to colt parts when I need a new barrel)
A.R.M.S. #38 s-ex swan rail
Otter Creek OCM5
NF NXS 3.5-15x50 "NAV-SPEC" marked
PRI gasbuster
Harris bipod
INTMILCO GM Hydromatic m16a1 lower
geissele SSA-E trigger
a1 grip and stock

View attachment 8087664

Finally finished up my mk12 mod 1 "fdny" inspired build. Probably my favorite rifle to shoot.

Criterion upper/barrel/bcg (eventually switching to colt parts when I need a new barrel)
A.R.M.S. #38 s-ex swan rail
Otter Creek OCM5
NF NXS 3.5-15x50 "NAV-SPEC" marked
PRI gasbuster
Harris bipod
INTMILCO GM Hydromatic m16a1 lower
geissele SSA-E trigger
a1 grip and stock
Freaking sweet. That NXS looks right and is probably one of the best of the mk12 scopes.

It is amazing, I have the mk4 3.5-10 on my m24ish build and I like it, but this is definitely superior. Just found the swan rail after looking for 4 months lol
for all the unicorn parts that I've gotten they have all come from this forum or Tacswap. swan helps out so much with eye relief

for all the unicorn parts that I've gotten they have all come from this forum or Tacswap. swan helps out so much with eye relief
You are fucking spot on. I had found a painted one which I was going to use but I found the one mounted here posted randomly last week and grabbed it. Was going to keep the painted one and use it for my nsw recce but just got offered a fa762 for a steal so now Im selling it to free some cash haha

Reactions: Makeshift Mando
It is amazing, I have the mk4 3.5-10 on my m24ish build and I like it, but this is definitely superior. Just found the swan rail after looking for 4 months lol
What do you think about the 3.5x10? To me that scope is the most aesthetically pleasing.

Seems these guys are making the cans Phil and Ron made. A buddy of mine just ordered one. Should know how they stack up in about 14 months :). F’ing ATF…

Its good that "the torch" was passed on and the mk12 cans will continue to be manufactured. Old ass technology but still quieter that almost all 223 cans of today .

Its good that "the torch" was passed on and the mk12 cans will continue to be manufactured. Old ass technology but still quieter that almost all 223 cans of today .

The OCM stuff is interesting too. Adding some lightness on this rig is appreciated. If you don’t want to track down all the ARMS stuff , etc but want the look you could reduce the profile and flute and run the Ti can and save probably 2#.

Edit: fixed my spelling, etc

Last edited:
The OCM stuff is interesting too. Adding some lightness on this rig is appreciated. If you don’t want to track down all the ARMS stuff , etc but want the look you could reduce the profile and flute and run the Ti can and save probably 2#.

Edit: fixed my spelling, etc
Admittedly wish i had been a little more patient and gotten a ocm5. 2” shouldn’t make that much different but the mod H feels soooo much more maneuverable than my mod 1 did. So cutting 6oz from it would’ve been appreciated. I’ve got a mark 5 on the way. Think I’m gonna pair it with a griffin sprm and a rds at the 12 o’clock position.

Last edited:
I picked up an OCM5 for my Mod 0 build due to the AE cans being OOS everywhere I was looking at the time. While certainly not as clone correct as it could be, it serves the role and looks the part.
Close enough. No one will be able to tell at night and in the rain ..

I have both the aem5 and the ocm5, I like them both a lot and honestly can't tell the difference just looking at them, but the weight difference definitely makes a difference with a heavy build

Reactions: jh2785 and 81sfo
I got 3 of these and I'd have to say that they are great if you dont have one you should get one. they are on eBay all the time.
They want a million bucks for them! This day and age! 😮

I found a new one with the 223 55gr turret, messaged the person selling it. Found out he was a member here, worked out a deal on here because screw eBay! 🤣 I ordered a 77gr spr turret and good to go! 👌🏽

Last edited:
Reactions: jdbaum123
They can be had with the TMR reticle and m5 turrets correct?
Depends on the build you’re going for. For the mod 0’s mildot on the early models, tmr on the late models but non had that I have seen the m5 turret. All have been the m3 at most.

Last edited:
I picked up an OCM5 for my Mod 0 build due to the AE cans being OOS everywhere I was looking at the time. While certainly not as clone correct as it could be, it serves the role and looks the part.
The way I see it some get a little too much into it haha! Especially with what some are asking for clone correct parts! I will post a pic of mine, a mix of PRI and clone correct part. Especially being in Cali! Haha.

If it looks the part in a major way go with it! 🤙🏽

Depends on the build you’re going for. For the mod 0’s mildot on the early models, tmr on the late models but non had that have seen the m5 turret. All have been the m3 at most.
I'm not doing a clone or anything just would like one with a TMR and mil turrets or something close to the same size.

F7D45C94-D496-483F-A23A-E9C9A1D7B5C5.jpeg

Not a MK12 but more of an “inspired by”. The only thing legit on it is the Trajectory Arms made Allen Engineering marked AEM5. In Feb I shot a Quantified Performance gas gun match with it. Managed to hit the 1004y target on the long range stage.

Reactions: camocorvette
man these pics always get me going. I'm going to have to get one.

man these pics always get me going. I'm going to have to get one.
I honestly don’t think you’ll regret it. There is just something about the aem5/ocm and that brake and collar. It’s stupid quiet, soft shooting, accurate enough, and relatively cheap to shoot comparatively speaking. I never thought I’d buy one can for one gun and I’ve done that 3 times now

Here is mine…
HCS Barrel 1-7 Chrome Lined
PRI Full Build
B5 lower parts
Sig MSR 1-10 with Romeo 3 angle mounted

Only difference is a A2 flash hider…I run GemTech Halo suppressor that mounts to the A2 hiders.

Only pic i had before range trip…

D2BDC526-A767-4155-B00D-ACE1CD24CAB8.jpeg

Reactions: jLorenzo
Here is mine…
HCS Barrel 1-7 Chrome Lined
PRI Full Build
B5 lower parts
Sig MSR 1-10 with Romeo 3 angle mounted

Only difference is a A2 flash hider…I run GemTech Halo suppressor that mounts to the A2 hiders.

Only pic i had before range trip…

View attachment 8111146
How do you like that can mounting to the A2?