• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Can you identify this scope???? Value?

Tucsondave

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
[img:left]
25tztqv.jpg
[/img] [img:right]
ab1cfs.jpg
[/img]

Leupold,Mark 4,Ultra Lite? 4x16 fixed,30mm tube,Upgraded Premiere Heritage Mil Dot reticle

Re: Can you identify this scope???? Value?

Looks like a Luppy knockoff. $$$, I dunno.

Edited to add.. Shows what I know.
grin.gif

If I'm not mistaken, it's a real Luepold from before the time when Leupold had their Mark-4 line ... their tactical scopes were named "ULTRA" and they had a fixed 10x and 16x with the M1 style turrets.

You can also see the sticker on the main tube from Premier Reticle ... back in the good old days when they worked hand in hand with Leupold boosting scope powers, installing turrets to scopes that didn't already have them ... installing custom reticles, etc ...

I'd say that's the real deal, and it's a damn fine scope that looks like it's hardly had any use ...

in the end, just call Leupold and talk to them about it if you're unsure of the scope's origin ... they should be able to tell you everything about the scope, if it's one of theirs.

Thats a leupold ultra m1 from 1988 before they were called mk4s and when they had better glass than now..bad ass scope. value IMO at least $1000.
If it has the etched reticle and not the wire mildots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arcangel 4:16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a leupold ultra mk1 from 1988 before they were called mk4s and when they had better glass than now..bad ass scope. value IMO at least $1000.
If it has the etched reticle and not the wire mildots. </div></div>

Updated w/a Premiere Heritage Mil dot ret.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Updated w/a Premiere Heritage Mil dot ret. </div></div>

Heritage is Premier Reticle's new line of scopes, not a reticle.
Premier did a lot of the older Ultra's and MK4's into USMC (oval) mildots, and I'm sure more than a couple into their GenII mildot (round dots with 1/2 mil hash marks). What does your reticle look like? I have an older Premier modded USMC oval mildot MK4 16X.

Dave,

That looks like a mid 80's Ultra. That scope in 6X (small qty), 10X, and 16X was the golden standard that everybody else wished they could build to at that time. The glass is usually top shelf and the workmanship/mechanicals are something that Leupold has totally lost in the last few years.

You never said whether it was yours or photos of someone elses scope but the one in the pictures looks virginal.

That scope sounds like a unique blend of the best Leupold has ever done along with one of the last Premier converstions since they only did the Gen II stuff for a fairly short while before the Leupold / Premier blowup.

If it is yours, I would encourage you to not get rid of it. Find something else to sell. You will be really glad you kept it down the road.

Very cool to see one of those float to the top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave,

That looks like a mid 80's Ultra. That scope in 6X (small qty), 10X, and 16X was the golden standard that everybody else wished they could build to at that time. The glass is usually top shelf and the workmanship/mechanicals are something that Leupold has totally lost in the last few years.

You never said whether it was yours or photos of someone elses scope but the one in the pictures looks virginal.

That scope sounds like a unique blend of the best Leupold has ever done along with one of the last Premier converstions since they only did the Gen II stuff for a fairly short while before the Leupold / Premier blowup.

If it is yours, I would encourage you to not get rid of it. Find something else to sell. You will be really glad you kept it down the road.

Very cool to see one of those float to the top. </div></div>

Yes, it is mine. It came with a AI AW I picked up (unmounted). And yes,it is "virginal". I cannot find a mark or blemish and the glass is perfect. Thanks for the history.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WGM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I'm not mistaken, it's a real Luepold from before the time when Leupold had their Mark-4 line ... their tactical scopes were named "ULTRA" and they had a fixed 10x and 16x with the M1 style turrets.

You can also see the sticker on the main tube from Premier Reticle ... back in the good old days when they worked hand in hand with Leupold boosting scope powers, installing turrets to scopes that didn't already have them ... installing custom reticles, etc ...

I'd say that's the real deal, and it's a damn fine scope that looks like it's hardly had any use ...

in the end, just call Leupold and talk to them about it if you're unsure of the scope's origin ... they should be able to tell you everything about the scope, if it's one of theirs. </div></div>

second that its an old Ultra Leupold.