• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Can you suppress an AR-10? (.308)

TXCOWDOC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
Aggieland (College Station, TX)
I'm sure this has been discussed but could not find the thread. I have an Omega 30 for my 308 Rem 700 and was curious if if would function on an AR-10? I am a lefty so extra gas coming out of the action is not cool-
Thanks
TX COWDOC

Re: Can you suppress an AR-10? (.308)

In a word...Yes.

Try searching using the SH Google Search Engine linked to in my sig line. You should find numerous threads on suppressing semi-auto .308/7.62 rifles.

Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX COWDOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure this has been discussed but could not find the thread. I have an Omega 30 for my 308 Rem 700 and was curious if if would function on an AR-10? I am a lefty so extra gas coming out of the action is not cool-
Thanks
TX COWDOC </div></div>

If it fires projectiles and has a threaded barrel, then it can be suppressed. How much gas your willing to take to the face is just personal preference. Gas Buster charging handle can help.

Thanks ORD and KY338. I currently have a Stag lefty 5.56 upper with a RR lower with a can and it functions flawlessly. Looking for some more punch - hence the .308.
THX

The heavy buffer, gas busters ch, and an adjustable gas block make the 308 ar one of my favorite suppressed weapons.

By all means, Yes
004-5.jpg

I was shooting my POF P308 the other day with a JET suppressor. Worked GREAT! Quiet AND accurate! Lots of fun, too!

OK- I'm fevered up now. I need a parts list to make this happen. I have the can. I have the glass.

By the way, I thought it was taboo to fire tracers through a can?

Thanks
TXCOWDOC

get an ar10 that you can turn off the gas system (piston driven) then will act like a bolt gun
smile.gif

I run a 21" suppressed ar10. I've put plenty of rounds through it left handed... I don't have a gas buster or adj gas block. I know I'm a bit over gassed and I've never had a problem with gas in my face.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get an ar10 that you can turn off the gas system (piston driven) then will act like a bolt gun
smile.gif
</div></div>

300 WSM - does the Arma-Lite AR 10 have the piston driven system you describe?

I just purchased/shot one for my Fulton Titan, no additional modifications required.

IMG_4083.jpg

only modification made to this AR10 is a Slash buffer and spring, it has never failed, and is accurate as hell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX COWDOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know the thread specs at the muzzle for the Arma-Lite AR-10? 5/8 x 24 RH by chance? </div></div>

Yes, 5/8x24 and you will not regret it.

18" Noveske
Ops Inc. 12th Model
IMG_2003Large.jpg

It goes without saying that you have multiple cans now? I.e you did not put your 30 cal omega first mentioned on the 338 federal above?

It goes without saying that you have multiple cans now? I.e you did not put your 30 cal omega first mentioned on the 338 federal above?

I was wondering where those baffle strikes were coming from, MBC223! :) My initial inquiry was about the .308 but did acquire a .338 along the way. Decided to go with the 338 format for this project.