• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can your LRF do this???

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    Thought I would snap a few quick pics looking through the IV's yesterday afternoon while I was out scouting for upcoming deer season.

My location was just inside a circle of irrigated corn.
    DSCN1436.jpg

Looking through the Vector across another pivot of hay millet and alfalfa.
    DSCN1431.jpg

here is the point I was ranging with a little zoom involved.
    DSCN1432.jpg

I'll be waiting for some added pics from PGS and his 21
    wink.gif

Re: Can your LRF do this???

good for artillery... what LRF is this then? The Terrapin for sure can't do this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cali_tz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good for artillery... what LRF is this then? The Terrapin for sure can't do this. </div></div>
    the Vector IV... not only artillery, this helps A LOT when your hunting open country and can range this far, makes determining closer shooting locations very easy.

Yep, easily when I set the units to feet.

Better send it back, 21 feet difference in your 2 readings at that distance could be the difference between a hit or a miss!!! Just Kidding

if that laser is eye-safe, I have to tip my hat to Vectronix... they must be doing something amazing, really amazing.

My 21 does 13k, more with the big eyes on it. I need to get that M109 up and running.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 21 does 13k, more with the big eyes on it. I need to get that M109 up and running. </div></div>

now that's amazing... I was seriously considering selling my IV's to fund a portion of the 21's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Barr and Stroud does 20,000 yards. Lol..... </div></div>

wow... I believe I've seen pics of that unit... talk about calling in an air strike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i_rep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry a 50' tape measure.....and a wheel. </div></div>
    Looks like you should of kept your Leica...
    I've used a wheel before, as a matter of fact its what I started off with, didn't even have a counter, I had to listen and count clicks, wooden handle wasn't bad... also used to saddle up my horse when I needed to round up, now you see that nice piece of equipment right behind the Vectors, no need for the curry and a bucket of oats when I finish up my 50 mile round trip...
    I guess @ least they didn't need batteries eh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longdistance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So where or what stores sell these or do you go through vector?</div></div>

Third Generation Shooting Supply has them from time to time. Also Potomac River group.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Varmint Slayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longdistance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So where or what stores sell these or do you go through vector?</div></div>

Third Generation Shooting Supply has them from time to time. Also Potomac River group. </div></div>

good info.

vector21004.jpg

A shot through my Vector 21. Mine is set on meters, and has a MIL reticle. I have the option of turning on an LED square that appears inside the mil circle. I leave it off most of the time.

vector008.jpg

vector009.jpg

One of the most amazing things about this device is the precision of the lasers beam devergence as seen in these two photos. The light pole is probably 10" in diameter where I ranged it. Moving it just off the pole gave a precise reading of the elevator beyond it.

Vector21005.jpg

Thanks Cory Trapp! Best piece of equipment I own!

I was fortunate enough to experience PGS's V21 in action at this years Hide Cup in Wyoming and I have to say the performance of that piece of kit was simply amazing! The ability to do point to point was waaay over the top and left me standing there with my jaw on the ground! Sold me on Vectonix as I will be settling for a Terripan hopefully in the fall.

Skinny,
    Equipment check. What tripod are you running in your first pict and what small multi-cam pack?

Thanks
    Jim

I'll let skinny give details about the tripod. I know its a Manfrotto.

The multicam pouch is a one off custom design. It's based on the bino pouch by Alaska Guide Creations.

DSC09019.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

Lasers that strong are banned in our area because of the drought. Too great a chance of wildfires.
    wink.gif

Mine will do a little over 11000 meters at least that's the most I've tried.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    vector21004.jpg

</div></div>
    that's the pic I was looking for !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5Shaggy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lasers that strong are banned in our area because of the drought. Too great a chance of wildfires.
    wink.gif
    </div></div>
    and that's some funny shit.

If you need to ask, you don't really want to know. But since you did, NIB is right around 21K. How many did you need?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need to ask, you don't really want to know. But since you did, NIB is right around 21K. How many did you need? </div></div>
    LOL... hey Cory, you know anyone who wants to trade a 21 for a IV with a small amount of price difference
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need to ask, you don't really want to know. But since you did, NIB is right around 21K. How many did you need? </div></div>
    LOL... hey Cory, you know anyone who wants to trade a 21 for a IV with a small amount of price difference
    wink.gif
    </div></div>

why piss around with a shitty V 21 when you can get a 23 lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need to ask, you don't really want to know. But since you did, NIB is right around 21K. How many did you need? </div></div>
    wink.gif
    </div></div>

why piss around with a shitty V 21 when you can get a 23 lol </div></div>

Hey Cory,
    you know anyone who is willing to trade a 23 for a IV with a small amount of price difference? LOL.