• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Canadian <3500cdn/2600usd Optics

Nagor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone, Im in the market for a optic in the sub 3500cdn range. This includes used prices as well. Itll be going on a 6.5cm that will be used for LR 1000m+ and light PRS stuff. Not concerned too much about physical specs like length or weight as much as pure optical quality and performance. As much as Id like to go up into the true alpha tier optics I cant justify the 1500-2000 dollar difference in price. Stores within hours of me only carry one or two at most of the higher end optics so getting hands on with all that I want to compare is almost impossible.

Currently Im looking at:

Zeiss LRP s3 6-36 (3500dcdn new)
Steiner T6x 5-30 (3300cdn new)
NF ATACR 7-35 (3500cdn used)
S&B pmii 5-25 (3500cdn used)
Leupold Mk5hd (3000cdn used)
Burris xtr3 5.5-30 (2300cdn new)
Bushnell ET 6-36 (2000cdn new)

thanks for any and all insight in advance!

Last edited:
For the money, a Vortex 6-36 scope is a pretty decent contender.

For the money, a Vortex 6-36 scope is a pretty decent contender.
I had one, even after the updated turrets they still didnt feel like how a 3500+ optics turrets should along with a paralax problem that persisted after warranty they said it was still in spec so that soured my taste or Vortex for a bit.

Look at the Zeiss 4-25x50 also as it has 46.5 mils of elevation so will be nice for dialing in that + range with the 6.5. Should be about $300 less than the 6-36 new.

Also take a look at the Steiner T6Xi 5-30x56 and the Burris Pro 5.5-30x56. They fit in with the top 4 in your list. After the top 4 I would dump the rest of the list if you are looking to spend what you are.

Reactions: FuhQ
@Nagor Have you looked into / researched the Minox ZP5? Definitely worth consideration; glass clarity and resolution is simply amazing.

Best of luck!

Look at the Zeiss 4-25x50 also as it has 46.5 mils of elevation so will be nice for dialing in that + range with the 6.5. Should be about $300 less than the 6-36 new.

Also take a look at the Steiner T6Xi 5-30x56 and the Burris Pro 5.5-30x56. They fit in with the top 4 in your list. After the top 4 I would dump the rest of the list if you are looking to spend what you are.
Between the Zeiss LRP S3s and Steiner M6 which would you think is the better option? Steiner only has 26 mils of elevation opposed to the 32 mils and 46.5 in the Zeiss's, along with the 6-36 having slightly better mag range. Would the Steiner's optic quality make it that much better to disregard both the Zeiss's?

Between the Zeiss LRP S3s and Steiner M6 which would you think is the better option? Steiner only has 26 mils of elevation opposed to the 32 mils and 46.5 in the Zeiss's, along with the 6-36 having slightly better mag range. Would the Steiner's optic quality make it that much better to disregard both the Zeiss's?

Sorry no experience with the M6 but can tell you you won't be upset with either of the Zeiss. Was out yesterday with my 6.5 Creed and LRP S3 4-25 shooting out to 1000 on my local range. Real nice. If you wanted the 6-36 that would work also as with 32 mils on a 40 moa base you should have around 26 mils or so do dial up and the 6.5 Creed takes about 22 mils to hit at a mile.

Also can look at your countryman's offering of the Apex Optics also.

I would like to try a Zeiss, I have yet to add one to my collection.

I am very happy with my S&B PMII that I run on my .338 LP. I like the clarity and it is appeasing to the eye. I have found some optics to have a darker, greyish hue that I don't like (result of coatings).

Good luck.

Hey everyone, Im in the market for a optic in the sub 3500cdn range. This includes used prices as well. Itll be going on a 6.5cm that will be used for LR 1000m+ and light PRS stuff. Not concerned too much about physical specs like length or weight as much as pure optical quality and performance. As much as Id like to go up into the true alpha tier optics I cant justify the 1500-2000 dollar difference in price. Stores within hours of me only carry one or two at most of the higher end optics so getting hands on with all that I want to compare is almost impossible.

Currently Im looking at:

Zeiss LRP s3 6-36 (3500dcdn new)
Steiner M6x 5-30 (3300cdn new)
NF ATACR 7-35 (3500cdn used)
S&B pmii 5-25 (3500cdn used)
Leupold Mk5hd (3000cdn used)
Burris xtr3 5.5-30 (2300cdn new)
Bushnell ET 6-36 (2000cdn new)

thanks for any and all insight in advance!
Kahles K624i (Gen3) with the new SKMR4 reticle. Hits your price range dead on the mark. According to Clay at EuroOptic, when Kahles introduced the K318i & K525i scopes, they also revamped and upgraded/updated the K624i with the same new glass, lens coatings, features and newest reticles, which is the Gen 3 version.

I like mine.

IMG_7385.jpeg

Reactions: stefan73
Kahles K624i (Gen3) with the new SKMR4 reticle. Hits your price range dead on the mark. According to Clay at EuroOptic, when Kahles introduced the K318i & K525i scopes, they also revamped and upgraded/updated the K624i with the same new features and newest reticles, which is the Gen 3 version.

I like mine.

View attachment 8114324
Nice find!

Reactions: FuhQ