• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Canadian Army Sniper biathlong sling... RFI

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Fellas,
    Does anyone here know where you can get, buy, borrow and send to Australia one of the Biathlon type slings the Canadian Army are using?

They look like a pretty wide set of shoulder straps that you'd find on a H-Harness.
    I'm interested to hear peoples opinions and thoughts.

Thanks,
    Jim

canadaslings_zps30857d7b.jpg

closest thing Iv seen is the tab gear biathlon.I bought one and use it on my own 308 and on my AI at work.Great sling.

Thanks guys, have been looking at the TAB slings for a while but want to know where this one is from.

Surely out of 45 million members there's at least one Canadian sniper that would know what's going on?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Stand by please....the RCMP has been alerted
    And, while they may not be the Canadian Army, they dress better....

I really like the look of that sling. It appears very ergonomic. Searches show nothing for it really. Unfortunately, it looks like it's made from unobtanium.

Ok, well I got the scoop on the sling in question. I talked with Raphael at S4 Tactical & Defence, asked his permission to share our conversation, and even sent him this link for reference. They developed that last year for Valcartier Sniper Team before the Gagetown Sniper Challenge. They are for sale for $150.75/ea (not sure if that's Canadian or US and any tax etc), they have multicam in stock, but typically have Cadpat and black and/or can do custom color runs with a minimum order of (10). That's my best understanding of everything, they are very French Canadian so it was a bit difficult to understand out on the construction site today. I ordered one, and would be happy to send some pics and thoughts. But in regards to the OPs initial question, there ya go. The best way to contact them is to e-mail them, their Contact info is on their website.
    Welcome to S4 Tactical & Defence! - S4 Tactical & Defence

Just to be clear, I am not promoting or repping these guys and can't vouch for them in anyway. I thought the sling looked kinda bad ass, and were very nice to talk to, so off to a good start in my book. Hope that all helps.

Svendogg, you sir are a gentleman. Thanks for your effort!

Please put some photos up when it arrives.
    I've been keen on the biathlon slings for a while, this one looks great being wide and low profile like an H Harness.

Will you have standard sling swivel loop attachments or HK hooks?

Svendoog, please do a full review when it arrives. Im definitely interested as it might workout for my needs for a future build I have in mind.

Svendogg, you sir are a gentleman. Thanks for your effort!

Please put some photos up when it arrives.
    I've been keen on the biathlon slings for a while, this one looks great being wide and low profile like an H Harness.

Will you have standard sling swivel loop attachments or HK hooks?

96C, I'm glad I could help. I should actually be thanking you, I have been looking for something along these lines for a while, and although there are some great options out there, nothing that really stuck out like this one. I will most definitely post some pics (I asked them to e-mail me a few, and will post if I get them), as well as a review. To be upfront, I'm not involved in tactical competitions (yet), but can review quality, comfort, etc. and can have a few friends who are more involved in tactical competitions review & provide input.

According to Raphael at S4, there are two heavy duty QD swivel connectors. Looking on their website at their other slings that use a QD style, it looks very robust, and sure makes a lot of sense. Not having to fuss with hooks or clips, especially with gloves on etc. My only concern might be ice or mud clogging it up, but I'll try to remember to put it thru the ringer when reviewing it. If there is anything else you guys want me to look at and address specifically let me know. Also if anyone is up here in the Northwest and wants to take a look at/try it, shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet up.