• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cancel Viper PST for Sightron SIII?

txgolfer45

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
Texas, USA
Both are currently unavailable. Supposedly, the Viper PST is coming soon. The new Sightron SIII models are 60-90 days away. Sightron has been around longer. Vortex apparently has excellent customer service. I'm hoping to never need customer service.

I'm wanting either a mil/mil or moa/moa variable power scope to put on my Savage 10 PC in 308. Probably 3.5-10 or 4-16 as I hunt and will do long range target shooting. Without jumping to a NF, S&B, US Optics, etc., looks like Vortex Viper PST and the new Sightron SIII's have what I want. I have a Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP on order.

Thoughts? Stay the course on the Viper PST or jump to Sightron SIII?

Re: Cancel Viper PST for Sightron SIII?

Look at us all. Driving ourselves crazy over what we can't get.
I have a PST on order. Just curious about them.
Tried a SIII but it didn't float my boat. Not bad but just didn't have the tactile clicks of a NF.
Mostly, I depend on the nine NF scopes I have.
And they have not let me down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">be strong bro....Stay the course. LOL... </div></div>
+1

I have only recently jumped on the PST boat... and I am not going back!!

I have owned up to, and including a Nightforce. I just can't see myself throwing down the green on a Nightforce again. The PST has everything that I want, and then some... no going back!!

DK

Besides all that... mine will be sitting on top of my 10PC as well!! It's a Brotherhood!!

DK

They are both great scopes. Which ever you decide, you made the right choice. I have a couple of vortex and one sightron. Very comparable.

Not knocking Sightron but I remember when I PM'd Liberty Optics about getting a PST it was only 60-90 days out as well. That was over a YEAR AGO!

If you are going to stop waiting on one scope to wait on another . . . I don't see the point of jumping lines if you know what I mean. Its still up to you but if you're impatient, get something that is out.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not knocking Sightron but I remember when I PM'd Liberty Optics about getting a PST it was only 60-90 days out as well. That was over a YEAR AGO!

If you are going to stop waiting on one scope to wait on another . . . I don't see the point of jumping lines if you know what I mean. Its still up to you but if you're impatient, get something that is out.

Mike </div></div>

There were a very few PST scopes shipped about the time Scott gave you. There were also some things that Vortex decided they did not want in the scope. So, to their credit, they pulled them and did a revamp. At least that is what I have heard and read often.
I am a dyed in the wool NF guy but will be trying a new PST when it comes.

Heck, I have been waiting since april for the 6x24x50 MOA/MOA FFP and now I am going to jump onto the viper hd spotting scope wait, I must like waiting LOL

Stay the course......I was lucky enough to get a PST 1-4x24 MRAD. I have been very impressed with it so far. Can't wait until the higher powered scopes are available.

A Japanese scope is always going to be higher quality than a Phillipino scope. Between the two I would take the Sightron.

I thought about canceling my PST 16x order. I decided to pick up a PST 1-4 just to check out what they will be like. All I can say was after looking at the 1-4 I will stick with my decision to wait. Have not been to the range yet with it but it looks like a great piece of gear.

I cancelled my Viper PST order at Optics Planet. Scott at Liberty Optics is assisting with scope selection now.

It's hilarious watching a bunch of people praising the accolades of a scope no one has their hands on.

"I've never even seen one, much less mounted and used one, but it has everything"

"You made the right choice"

I don't get it.

So far BOTH scopes are nothing more than vaporware, yet people are wandering around and acting like they are definitely the best shit ever.

I decided to go ahead and get a SIII and not wait, got a 30mm 6-24x50 from midway(they were in stock), wasnt bad price either with dealer discount. will get the PST when they are more available for another project.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's hilarious watching a bunch of people praising the accolades of a scope no one has their hands on.

"I've never even seen one, much less mounted and used one, but it has everything"

"You made the right choice"

I don't get it.

So far BOTH scopes are nothing more than vaporware, yet people are wandering around and acting like they are definitely the best shit ever. </div></div>

Normally Id agree with you even though I have one on order.

But there are a few people in this thread that do own PST's currently, and also a vendor who has seen them all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter444002</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I decided to go ahead and get a SIII and not wait, got a 30mm 6-24x50 from midway(they were in stock), wasnt bad price either with dealer discount. will get the PST when they are more available for another project. </div></div>

I bet you like it and are very happy with your choice

I'm either going to get a mil/mil or MOA/MOA scope. So, the Vortex Viper PST is still in the running but I'll order it from Scott at Liberty Optics, if I go that route. Also considering the new Sightron SIII scopes that are mil/mil or MOA/MOA and possibly jumping up to Nightforce. That is a pretty big jump though.

Stick with Scott and the PST.

+1 to sticking with Scott and the PST. I just talked to Scott yesterday and he told me he's expecting the PST's in late next week. I've been talking to him, getting his professional opinion, about which scope I should get. I'm between the PST and the Razor HD, however, I'll most likely go with the PST due to being 1k cheaper. He told me to call back next week and he'll give me his review of the scope, and anyone for that matter.