• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Canik pistols any good?

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
My son was asking me this question and I have zero experience with them other than I believe they are made in Turkey.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have the Tp9 Elite in Tan and I love it. Not what I would carry concealed normally but it’s a great pistol.

They are a great value, lotta Walther PPQ look to them, and they are in USPSA as a sponsor/ sponsored shooters.

I would not be afraid!

Almost forgot............ we found one on a table at a gun show at least 3-4 yrs ago, they were brand new and we hadn't seen them before. I actually thought it was a Walther, from a little distance. My buddy bought it, think it was maybe 400ish at that time. Brand new gun, came with I think 3 nice capacity mags and a holster. He pounded rounds through that gun, never cleaned it, then sold it. Not one hiccup or malfunction of any kind!

Last edited:
Clones of CZs. Buy the original - better fit, finish and resale value.

They are a great gun... you get a tremendous value for the price.

Much nicer trigger out of the box over any Glock.

Do not hesitate to pick one up.

Hadn't look at Canik in a while but the METE SFT looks like I might have to find somewhere to fondle one!

Got a couple of them. My wife won an NRA version green and FDE at the NRA dinner a few years ago. They shoot great. For the price you can't go wrong.

What pistol are they a clone of, I have several CZs and a Canik and see no similarities. If it copied anything it would be a Walther 99
My bad: in the CZ world folks mostly talk about the Canik pistols marketed by TriStar (the S-120, a CZ 75B clone and P-120, a SP-01 clone). Had not seen that they are selling other designs in the US under their own brand.

Reactions: Adam B
Only issue is finding spare parts, and that is getting better but not good. Also unknown is parts support for discontinued models.

I have an OG Canik. The double/single striker fired version.

Had a few issues with the trigger locking up. I haven't shot it in years. Sights were wildly off and there were some serious chatter marks on the slide. It was dirt friggin' cheap, so....

I edc an executive elite and absolutely love the thing. My buddy was giving me grief about it til we ran a match last fall and he had to use it for the last part of one stage, on the way home he bought one