• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cans: Dead Air Mask or Q El Camino?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    After a lot of reading and researching, im about ready to pull the trigger on either a Dead Air Mask or Q El Camino. Has anyone compared both of them? Which do you prefer?
    I don’t care for weight or length differences between these as it will be used a lot on a 20” heavy barreled bolt gun (although the smaller diameter of the El Camino is a nice feature for the occasional Victory shooting). My biggest priorities are: Tone (I don’t really care about on-paper specs). FRP (or lack thereof). So many reviews have the camera in front of the muzzle, which obviously isn’t accurate to what the shooter may hear. Lastly, ease of cleaning – I really don’t want to risk damaging baffles trying to remove them from a dirty tube.

My El Camino is still in ATF jail, so I can't help. I did a ton of research also and came to the conclusion that I would be happy with either of those two cans.

I have done a lot of rimfire cans reviews with the Silencer Shop.. truthfully, as far as how they sound, there isn't really any significant differences between any of them. This is testing on a 16" CZ455, 22 45 lite pistol and Savage 22 Mag 16". Ease of disassembly and even more importantly, ease of reassembly (can't screw it up) matter most for a rimfire can. Here's a compliation on a lot of them: