• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Cans I "should" have

RC556

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
Louisiana
For my first can I went with the SF Socom300, I could run it on the bolt 6.5CM I'm building, the AR10 and the AR15, as well as a 300Blk if I ever make a decision. With that being said, I understand swapping around the same suppressor will get old, but is there any other suppressors I "should" have. I've heavily debated buying a SF Socom mini for the 5.56 but thats quite limited to applicable guns. Is there any other cans I should get into mainly just to have? Was thinking about an erector for the .22 to plink and maybe a pistol can but all I hear about is the minimal use out of a pistol can mainly due to size and gas release. Let me know what you guns run and what you think is dire to your collection!

as my state says i can't legally have one I am opting for any device that makes my guns 100x's louder lol that or I am just a prick and want to annoy people on a grander scale . make a 22lr sound like a 105mm howitzer

as my state says i can't legally have one I am opting for any device that makes my guns 100x's louder lol that or I am just a prick and want to annoy people on a grander scale . make a 22lr sound like a 105mm howitzer

May I recommend the SiCo brakes or SureFire brakes;)

Reactions: acudaowner
Tbac 22 take down would be a must.

The only time switching cans is a pain is if you have 2 or more rifles at the same time that rely on that one can. The only cans I use anymore are 22 cans (which I'm getting away from) and precision cans. The pistols cans only come out for show and tell, the SBR cans, same thing. I don't even shoot my 22 cans anymore because I hate cleaning them. So in reality only the precision cans get used on a regular basis, which are tbac ultra 9s.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Tbac 22 take down would be a must.

The only time switching cans is a pain is if you have 2 or more rifles at the same time that rely on that one can. The only cans I use anymore are 22 cans (which I'm getting away from) and precision cans. The pistols cans only come out for show and tell, the SBR cans, same thing. I don't even shoot my 22 cans anymore because I hate cleaning them. So in reality only the precision cans get used on a regular basis, which are tbac ultra 9s.
What're your thoughts on the erector from Q?
But yes, suppressors are 90% show n tell haha, especially the salvo 12

What're your thoughts on the erector from Q?
But yes, suppressors are 90% show n tell haha, especially the salvo 12

I just googled it and I don't know anything about it but first impression just from the pics it seems retarded and gimmicky. I could very well be wrong about it though.

I have 14 cans. One pistol can resides on a HD pistol. One 556 can resides on a DD MK18 SBR for HD. 1 out of 3 tbac ultra 9 that see use every time I go for long range. I used to shoot my 22 vudoo with a can all the time but I don't anymore because of the gunk and cleaning time. But every red blooded American needs a 22 can.

All the others are out dated and or collect dust

Must have cans are:
pistol for HD
Rifle can rated for SBR for HD
Precision can
22 can

I just googled it and I don't know anything about it but first impression just from the pics it seems retarded and gimmicky. I could very well be wrong about it though.

I have 14 cans. One pistol can resides on a HD pistol. One 556 can resides on a DD MK18 SBR for HD. 1 out of 3 tbac ultra 9 that see use every time I go for long range. I used to shoot my 22 vudoo with a can all the time but I don't anymore because of the gunk and cleaning time. But every red blooded American needs a 22 can.

All the others are out dated and or collect dust

Must have cans are:
pistol for HD
Rifle can rated for SBR for HD
Precision can
22 can
Noted, preciate it.

I have bunch of cans, it'd be hard to make a recommendation for "must haves", all of these were bought mainly to dedicate to each rifle. I don't really swap many of 'em around.

AAC is a must don't. I have a few but anyone buying these several years ago probably will. Good cans, shitty mounts and abysmal CS.

Sico Saker is what I use for a 5.56 abuse can now. Really good deal if you need several bulk cans. They come in 7.62 also and use multiple different mounts and endcaps.

KAC QDC is probably the best "all around" can I've ever used. Period. Not cheap but I'd wager it's a better spent $1400 for the PRS model than $1800 for a Surefire Ti can. Not trying to knock your shit, just saying... It's the M110 can but half the length and weight, same performance. Their NT4 5.56 can is probably the best AR 5.56 hard use can too. Anyway, they're must haves for sure for any KAC fanboy or rifle owner...

Liberty is my goto for .22 shit. I'd certainly get a takedown .22 can, no aluminum. The Liberty stuff is monocore, not fan of that for centerfire but for .22 it works pretty well and no problems with distortion from taking apart multiple times since the cores thread onto the barrels. Essence was lightest and quietest when it came out, ~3oz., Regulator was half the cost and even quieter for ~2oz. more and almost no FRP. Started using the Regulator on a PPK/S and the Essence on an SBR'd 10/22 despite Essence weighing less because the Regulator is literally so quiet it comes down to action noise. The Pinnacle 2 integral 10/22 barrel I put in a Kidd action though is by far the most quiet anything. More quiet than an air rifle. You NEED a good .22 can. They get used the most. An integral rifle is even better and I used to use it in the backyard all the time, but takedown can is still a must. $300 or so for a Regulator, and sometimes you can even get .22 cans for free but Capitol Armory won't be doing that sale this year.

TBAC Ultra series for precision, lightweight and accurate. I'd get the Ultra 9 and if you want short an Ultra 5 and then you can swap those two around if you like. The Ultra 5 is the closest thing to having nothing at all on the end of the rifle with respect to weight and length and still be just inside hearing safe performance. Ultra 9 is just pure badass, quiet and light. Get the CB brakes.

I don't really believe in modular, multi-cal or pistol cans... That said, I have a Mystic X (which should be back from Liberty any minute for baffle strike repair, fairly quick and easy warranty work I must admit --Just came back w/improved core, better than new! Said "damage inconclusive so we repaired it free of charge and sent it back" basically). I use the Mystic X primarily, well exclusively, as a 9mm can and a Sico Omega 9k which like the Saker, uses a plethora of different mounting options including 3lug, plus all sorts of boosters and direct thread mounts, for dedicated 9mm as well. Mystic X is pretty long, I mostly use it as a range can on a Kriss or maybe, maybe a handgun. Omega 9k is half that length and far more useful. It would also be a fine can for use on a .300BLK, especially if you had a 7.62 Saker and both had, say, an ASR mount. I have several mounts for the Omega 9k and it gets used by far the most between the two but is most at home on a Tavor 9mm SAR w/ASR mount.

So MY must haves are the Liberty Regulator, Sico Omega 9k and Saker 5.56's and the TBAC Ultras. Also the QDC but I have an SR25.

For big bore stuff it's Elite Iron and I'd also pay them close mind for lower cost precision cans (SS just costs less than Ti). Great people.

A takedown/servicable .22 rimfire can is a must. For pistols and rifles, there are no hollywood quiet solutions I’ve seen. ‘Less loud’ has always been the real world result.
But given how much of a pita it is to acquire, transfer, or repair(replace) I would suggest going with the more heavy duty materials/construction.

Ordered a 30 cal can about a month ago and it was backordered, was like ok whatever. I won’t see it for a year anyway. Today I got notified that a S/N has been assigned and form 4 was submitted. Now I’m like shit when is it gonna get approved when are they gonna cash the check when is it gonna transfer to my dealer?? Go figure. My advice is to save up, buy all the cans you think you are gonna want and submit all the paperwork at once. At least the fed paid for my stamps this time around.

I only regret not ordering more. I have looked deeply into the Omega 9k and a few other .22 cans. But you guys have me looking into the TBACs.

I have two cans. Dead Air Sandman S and Ti.
The Ti is my lightweight precision can that I use on my bolt guns and subsonic 300BLK SBR.
The S is for my ARs like my 12.5" .223 SBR and 16" 308.
I don't feel like I'm ever wishing I had another can.
Eventually I'll get a 22 can, but I'm just not that interested and cleaning it always looks like a bitch. I'll probably pick up a Nomad before the 22 can.

Been wondering if a propane torch would melt the lead off my .22 baffles.
edit- now that I think about it, its probably carbon and I’d make it worse.

I started with the AAC 556-SD for my SBR. Then I picked up a Nomad-30 for my .300 BLK SBR. Next up was the Mask HD for .22LR fun. Lastly I bought a Sandman-K for my truck gun. I wanted something bombproof for the last one. I'll probably grab a TBAC at some point for precision use though. Maybe a Sandman-S as well.

Not just the cans and performance, but the customer service from zack. Weither you have a can issue (rare) or just a question.

My first can back in 2009 was an OPS Inc 15th, still have it, still strongly attached to it. Always been a fan of reflex cans for some reason, between that, AAC M4/SPR (also owned since 2009), and recently acquired an SF FA762ss (reflex can).

A random lesson I'll share that took me awhile to learn is the reflex cans get compoundingly annoying when you have to worry correct about barrel profiles to ensure the brake fits correctly.

Slowly planning/moving things to easier solutions via standard brake mounts and/or direct thread.

I feel like I've sinned because Ive never heard of TBACs. You guys gonna have me sitting at the SilencerShop kiosk this week:LOL:

TBAC 22 TD & DA Mask 22hd are my two favorite 22 cans. Buddy of mine has the Q Erector and as it’s cool looking and light I just can’t get behind aluminum baffles. Stainless steel is solid and nothing will hurt them. I don’t know if you’re a hunter or not but I do a lot of deer hunting in straight wall cartridge areas and one of my favorite cans is the bowers vers 458 and sico hybrid to sling 450bm through while hunting. For my bolt guns it’s TBAC all the way and SF cans for my AR’s. Pistol silencers are cool and “wow” factor for friends/family at the range but I wish I’d a just bought another SF or TBAC can instead of them.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
If I were buying silencers right now I would go:
Ultra 7 30 - for precision and hunting rifles
Q trash panda - ar’s and higher volume fire (still lightweight)
Omega 9k - pistols and PCCs
Tbac takedown 22

Cans I own:
Ultra 7 30
Ultra 7 6.5
Saker 762
AAC TITAN TI
AAC TIRANT 45
AAC element 2

....aac was the best option at the time guys leave me alone. Although they are still some of the quietest cans out there, especially the tirant (although it’s comically large). I just don’t shoot 45 enough to make it worth while, and a small 9mm can like the omega 9k would be more useful. I like the saker but it’s just way too heavy. The titan was cool when I thought I needed a 338, but again it’s massive. Element 2 is quiet but sucks to take apart so I just quit doing it..I’ve probably put 4K rounds through it since it’s last cleaning. Oh well. No complaints about the ultras, I love em.

.22 can is about as close to mandatory as there is if you shoot .22 at all. The only thing that is hollywood quiet, and awesome to play with. Get one you can clean easily and you will use it all the time.

TBAC 22 TD & DA Mask 22hd are my two favorite 22 cans. Buddy of mine has the Q Erector and as it’s cool looking and light I just can’t get behind aluminum baffles. Stainless steel is solid and nothing will hurt them. I don’t know if you’re a hunter or not but I do a lot of deer hunting in straight wall cartridge areas and one of my favorite cans is the bowers vers 458 and sico hybrid to sling 450bm through while hunting. For my bolt guns it’s TBAC all the way and SF cans for my AR’s. Pistol silencers are cool and “wow” factor for friends/family at the range but I wish I’d a just bought another SF or TBAC can instead of them.
Going in tomorrow, TBAC 22, DA Mask or SF Ryder?

About to just blindly select from the 3. They all seem about the same with similar reviews
I’d go TBAC 22 or DA Mask over the Ryder... honestly you can’t go wrong with any of them. Awesome though you’re pulling trig tomorrow! Let us know what ya end up with