• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cant decide on a stock for double duty

Rprecision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2011
Progressive Hell, CO
I have a SBR I use daily with a Magpul CTR which I have no problems with.

I am building a Mk12 upper to pair with it and have been thinking about something with more comb. I use a two point sling and need a stock to pull double duty. The only one I have any expirence is the Vltor which after a little use pulled out all my dam facial hair on one side. But it does seem to be very well made

-Magpul STR

-Magpul ACS

-Vltor Emod

Whats your thoughts

Re: Cant decide on a stock for double duty

I switched from a UBR to a LMT SOPMOD a few months ago and have no regrets. I would definitely consider the SOPMOD.

Sopmod type for sure if you've got facial hair. isn't there a small riser for the Magpul out?

I like the MagPul UBR, I use it on a patrol rifle (work rifle)and a LR308 for play/hunting.

In my opinion it is the best stock out there for durability and function. The only thing it gives up is weight. The plus is the weight is in the rear of the rifle so you do not feel it when shouldered. I posted a link below. I already had both of my stocks when I read this and it confirmed my thoughts.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #003300">stock tests</span></span>

2012-09-27092921-1.jpg

2012-11-16151851.jpg

It ain't light (about 1 pound heavier) but if you want/need brutal durability its the only choice.

Had an ACS, bought it initially for the hook it has for shooting from prone, and had zero qualms about it when shooting not from prone. I liked it. I have a SOPMOD with a Battleline SAPR on the back of it now. It has a little more weight (not sure what it is versus the UBR, but it's got a little more heft than CTR/ACS/others I think), but I don't care, it gives me a perfect cheekweld everytime. And it's adjusted to the best compromise of comfort I could get when shouldered from prone or standing.

Edited to add some gratuity:
IMG_25511024x576.jpg

And as far as manipulating the riser out of the way, I have no problems with it.

Hmmmmm......

Thanks for all the replies. I like the design of the UBR but, the price and weight are not in line with what I am after.

I am a KISS type guy, and while I like the idea of the SAPR, I dont know if that would fit my needs. IT would take some training to make that work!

I need to go feel some, I hate to say it cause I bashed it, but the Vltor Emod seems to be a good option

B5 makes a sopmod that costs 1/2 as much as an LMT.

I prefer the ACS over the SOPMOD, cheekweld feels the same. ACS works better for me prone with a rear bag.

I run an STR on my 3-gun rifle. It feels equally good for long and close range.