• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Cant decide which rings.

dannydifalco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2011
New York
These ones
http://swfa.com/Badger-Ordnance-Scope-30mm-Rings-P4238.aspx
or these ones
http://swfa.com/Badger-Ordnance-Maximized-Scope-30mm-Rings-P213.aspx

The price diffence is going to be the same because for the maximized ones i am buying the $36 1in reducers. Which ones would you guys choose? I just feel the m40 rings looks weird because ones bigger then the other. And stuff always looks weird when one things bigger then the other ;0

If anyone has a pic of the m40 rings on their 700 post them up i want to see what they look like.

Re: Cant decide which rings.

What will they be mounted on, in the context of caliber and recoil? The 4/4 screw combo should be adequate for most applications.

No price difference? You would have to buy a 1" reducer for both sets! They are both 30mm rings according to the SWFA links above. As Willyz said, caliber of weapon would be good to know. I have 2 sets of the Badger 30mm they serve me exceptionally well for .308WIN I say just get the normal set. Anything shy of .50BMG these are the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrifterH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No price difference? You would have to buy a 1" reducer for both sets! They are both 30mm rings according to the SWFA links above. As Willyz said, caliber of weapon would be good to know. I have 2 sets of the Badger 30mm they serve me exceptionally well for .308WIN I say just get the normal set. Anything shy of .50BMG these are the best. </div></div> The M40 style rings come with reducers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill decide for you.....seekins</div></div>
Any i already have a badger rail i want to keep them matched. and besides i like the big nuts on the sides of the badgers ;] NO HOMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willyz54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What will they be mounted on, in the context of caliber and recoil? The 4/4 screw combo should be adequate for most applications.</div></div> They will be mounted on a remington 700 in a .308. I figured for the same price why not get the m40 rings for extra strength. I just wanted to know how people feel about them being 3 screw up front and only 2 screw in the back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0V3RC10CK3D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy these instead :p

http://swfa.com/Seekins-Precision-Scope-1-Rings-P47910.aspx </div></div>

These are sexy..
smile.gif

Any of the three would be great, I have used the three brands listed above and they are more than adequate for the average shooter/hunter etc..

Here's what USMC rings look like mounted. Had a pic handy cause I jus sold the rifle.
Crusader_04.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hamstur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's what USMC rings look like mounted. Had a pic handy cause I jus sold the rifle.
Crusader_04.jpg
</div></div> Thanks!! Is that the 30mm rings or the 34mm? And what cant do you have on the base? Thanks!

TSR's have the nut...and are steel...and are just as good as badger, but cheaper... i have those and seekins...and the seekins have much much better hardware, but they're not steel...so i only use them with aluminum rails

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TSR's have the nut...and are steel...and are just as good as badger, but cheaper... i have those and seekins...and the seekins have much much better hardware, but they're not steel...so i only use them with aluminum rails</div></div> I was going to go with a EGW base and TPS rings but i figured i rather buy once and be happy. The quality of the badger rail i already have is 100%. So i can only assume the rings will be the same especially if the marines are willing to put them on top of every M40 rifle they have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DannyDifalco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks!! Is that the 30mm rings or the 34mm? And what cant do you have on the base? Thanks! </div></div>
34mm rings. Base is a tall 20 MOA cant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DannyDifalco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TSR's have the nut...and are steel...and are just as good as badger, but cheaper... i have those and seekins...and the seekins have much much better hardware, but they're not steel...so i only use them with aluminum rails</div></div> I was going to go with a EGW base and TPS rings but i figured i rather buy once and be happy. The quality of the badger rail i already have is 100%. So i can only assume the rings will be the same especially if the marines are willing to put them on top of every M40 rifle they have. </div></div>

i run an EGW rail and am more than happy.... I don't see badger doing ANYTHING the TPS or Seekins on an EGW rail won't do.