• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Careful when you buy that next used car.

When I worked for an insurance company Arkansas was a notorious title washing state, hopefully they have changed their laws and now issue flood or salvage titles. You need to investigate the title history of a car BEFORE you buy it, CARFAX is not error proof because if a flooded car didn't have comp coverage then a claim would have never been filed, even if there was a comp/flood claim filed not all insurance companies report claims to CARFAX or NICB/ISO.

I'd say buy one right now before these soggy turds start floating through the market.

I believe Utah and Montana are places used to "wash" titles also. Going to be a lot of people caught with their pants down by not doing some home work.

If they could get them to Arizona/Utah/Nevada and open all the doors let them bake in 100 degree heat for about 2 weeks some wouldn't be to bad. My experience with vehicles from places with humidity is that becasue nothing ever dries out corrosion has time to take hold.

In SLC there is a dealer that specializes in salavage title vehicles. All on the up and up with full discloser. I have seen quite a few and they do some amazing restorations. Very good workmanship. I would imagine they are licking their lips right now.

Last edited: