• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Carry knife preferences

Out and about I usually carry my Chris Reeve Insingo but at work I carry a Spyderco Para Military D2 sprint run.

I carry a Leatherman Juice S2 (mini multitool) every day, for all kinds of tasking. I pair it with a Spyderco Persistence while I'm working, and switch to this when I'm off:

Al Mar Payara

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376025810.202424.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376025821.932840.jpg

I carry 1 of these either Gerber or Super Commander, both will get the job done.

Attachments

• IMG_20130722_214418_817[1].jpg
    IMG_20130722_214418_817[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20130724_222328_732[1].jpg
    IMG_20130724_222328_732[1].jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 38
carried CRKT m-16's for a while, now its a Case Trapperlock....soon to be another Trapperlock but with a pocket clip. (they didn't make one with a clip when I bought the first one.) Case CRV steel blades all they way too..

I have an old school Emerson. Best knife I have ever used. Can saw thru ribs, and split a pelvic bone like no other. Only had to touch up the edge, nothing more. Wish I would have known when I bought it, would have bought 10 more.

in a fixed blade EDC I prefer my own Cobra. It is designed by me and made by a knifemaker in Auckland NZ. Aprox 4 inch blade, worn primary edge facing forward. It comes out cutting and transitions into either a reverse stab or trapping move. Designed for close-in Indonesian style knife work. I have made both pancake style leather sheaths and kydex.

Attachments

• new cobras 001.jpg
    new cobras 001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 36
My everyday knife is a Benchmade Mini Auto-Stryker 9530 Combo Edge. This is by far my favorite! It's been through hell & back, I broke the tip one time but hit it with a file & stone so you'd never know, it looks like it's been run over by a dozen trucks, it's been back to Benchmade once to get the spring replaced, blade sharpened and that's it.

As for a fixed blade everyday knife I have a Steve Woods Hide Hunter. I don't carry it quite everyday but it is my go to fixed blade for ease of carry / travel for the size.

Last edited:
Carried a Benchmade mini-griptillian for the longest while, but was always looking for a fixed blade that would fit the EDC role. Found it in my ESEE Izula. The Benchmade was good, but I love the ant!

I have an old school Emerson. Best knife I have ever used. Can saw thru ribs, and split a pelvic bone like no other. Only had to touch up the edge, nothing more. Wish I would have known when I bought it, would have bought 10 more.

+1 on the Emerson. I carry a Karambit everywhere on my support side. Great for last line of defense. Hands down the fastest opening knife on the market. Faster than the "auto" knives and the assisted open ones.

That Emerson is the only knife I have that is ground on a single bevel, and can still take a beating. only folder that I have that can handle field dressing day in and day out. I'm still amazed at that fact. It's like my wetterlings axe... the most reliable shit I own.

I carry a ZT-0561 for the most part , if I need to keep the knife in my pocket I carry the smaller ZT-0350 with the clip removed.
I'v had Emerson , Benchmade , Microtech and several other "cheaper" knives and I don't think i'll be buying anything other than Zero Tolerance from now on , the products are fantastic.

I carry a Chris Reeve Small Serbenza daily and absolutely love it. It's light, slim and easy on the pants pockets. Only complaint I have is the pocket clip is a little more loose than I like, but I've never had it fall out so that may just be a preference thing.

Jeremy45

Sniper Bladeworks - no relation to this site or my skill set. Is just a handfull of a knife!

I have always liked Benchmade Knives. I have a Pardue 530 that I have had for years that has held up great. I recently purchased an Osbourne 940 that has been a pleasure to carry as well. If your into autos and if the laws allow, I got a microtech ultratech in tanto blade last year that is always fun as well.

benchmade socp, modified cold steel recon 1, cold steel talwar, leatherman skeletool cx, victorinox cadet

I carry a Havalon for cutting, because it uses replaceable scalpel blades it's always stupid sharp. I also carry a 6 year old bench made griptillian for all other tasks where rigidity is required.

I carry a benchmade Osborne (I think is the model) with a standard blade. I had my first one for over 10 years and lost it one day while camping. I ordered its replacement just as soon as we got home. I've been back to the same area 3 or 4 times hoping to find it.

Benchmade Presidio Auto for the last 5 years. Benchmade Infidel is next step.

I have a handful of folders I rotate, here's today (sorry for the cell phone pics):

Attachments

• edc.jpg
    edc.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 31
Check out some of the A G Russell ATS-34 blades. He make a lightweight pocket folder that hold an edge.

+1 on the Emerson. I carry a Karambit everywhere on my support side. Great for last line of defense. Hands down the fastest opening knife on the market. Faster than the "auto" knives and the assisted open ones.

I picked up an Emerson Combat Karambit tonight. Can't wait for it to get here. I hope it lives up to the reputation and can replace or complement my ZT350 for EDC.
817626.jpg

Last edited:
Benchmade Infidel, Auto 3550, or Auto Rift 9555. Women have shoes, I have Benchmade autos :)

Ya I was actually looking at the infidel when I bought my benchmade side opener. The infidel was a little more than I wanted to spend but I still wanted an auto.

I also have a microtech ultratech

I too really like the autos haha. I wish I had the money for a microtech trodoon or scarab... can't remember which one. It's the otf with the manual charging handle to recharge it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited:
I like the Microtechs also but Benchmade gives a pretty good LE/MIL/GOV discount, so I stick with them.

Carry knife preferences

I carry a Kershaw Cryo in my font right pocket, a ZT0200 in my back right pocket, and a Leatherman Wave on my right hip in it's sheath.

EDIT: I now carry a Benchmade Griptilian limited edition camp perry in D2 with G10 blue/black scales in my front pocket and my leatherman in its sheath.

Last edited:
Looking to get the Spartan Blades folder in the next few months, dang knife is pricey but looks very nice.

I must own 30 knives and a bunch are Benchmades but I always go for the lightest one I can find, which is usually a Benchmade as well. Funny how as you get older, weight is a big deal.

I carry my emerson cqc7 most of the time, sometimes a commander. I really like emerson knives. I also on occasion carry a CR Umnumzaan.

I have tried many but have narrowed it down. i usually carry either a benchmade Osborne 940 or 943, or a spy derecho caly3 g10 or carbon fiber. These are the best edc in my opinion. I do want a Chris reeves but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Fixed blades I edc a little bark river or izula. Camping/hiking/outdoors I carry a Bravo1 micarta.

I picked up an Emerson Combat Karambit tonight. Can't wait for it to get here. I hope it lives up to the reputation and can replace or complement my ZT350 for EDC.
817626.jpg

I carried mine For YEARSSS its all beat to hell after years of use. I called it my BDU unzipper. And it made strippin down injured soldiers easy as can be. I hated the chisel grind but that it the only negative mark against it.

I carry a TDI Knife made by Ka-Bar. Since it's a defensive knife, I prefer a fixed blade. It's light weight. Easy to draw. Ambidextrous. Strong. Sharp. Light. And inexpensive. Sure it's not a Randall, but I carry for real. If I drawing a knife, I either fighting off a gun-grab or on the ground. EIther way, time is of the essence.

Also....I am used to always having it. So it does see duty as a utility knife, window-pryer, rope cutter, etc. Keeps me used to drawing it instinctively. And should it break (I have never broken one in roughly a decade), or be lost, it's 30 bucks to replace.

Truth be told, I am not a "knife guy", but I certainly know how to fight with one.

My point is, sometimes the best gear isn't the cool gear.

TTR

I think the value you get with zero tolerance knives is the best out there. Solid Lockup, minimal side to side play, and a lot of really nice collaborations on the designs.

Have a ZT300 and a ZT561 Hinderer. The 561 gets pocket duty everyday.

My brother has a Strider that is very very tight and solid lockup. But at double the price of my ZTs.... I am thinking about getting the Baby Huey Strider if I can save up the dough.

At all times my Protech TR-4 is at myside. At work I also have spyderco in its own little spot on my Plate carrier.