• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carrying a TRG on a 4-wheeler

Re: Carrying a TRG on a 4-wheeler

Put a scope and muzzle cover on it and use the sling to hang it across your chest. It's very stable and you can field it quickly. If you're worried about scratches and mud, leave it in the safe......it's a rugged rifle, use it!
smile.gif

Rolled an artic cat 700 a complete 360 with a very large 8 pt and my TRG strapped on it in about 10 in of snow. I was very thankful for the case,Sako, and uso as it was a good tumble

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put a scope and muzzle cover on it and use the sling to hang it across your chest. It's very stable and you can field it quickly. If you're worried about scratches and mud, leave it in the safe......it's a rugged rifle, use it!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yep, that will work.

I've always run mine slung across my back or chest and my pack gets strapped to the quad. Never been able to find a gun rack/mount that would hold the TRG. A word of advice: if you do strap it on your chest, watch out for that long barrel sticking way out there. It'll grab a branch and throw the scope into your jaw if it gets the chance. Now that I think about it, this might be the excuse I need to justify picking up an Eberlestock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be sure and get the model with the folding barrel. </div></div>

Haha...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFTexan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always run mine slung across my back or chest and my pack gets strapped to the quad. Never been able to find a gun rack/mount that would hold the TRG. A word of advice: if you do strap it on your chest, watch out for that long barrel sticking way out there. It'll grab a branch and throw the scope into your jaw if it gets the chance. Now that I think about it, this might be the excuse I need to justify picking up an Eberlestock. </div></div>

I often have my son sitting behind me, so I may have to opt for a chest carry. I may look into ATV racks designed to carry tools, like shovels etc.? Dunno. More research is needed.
grin.gif
confused.gif

I case mine in a drag bag and strap it to the front rack. Watch your width if you get in tight quarters but, at least on the front rack you can keep an eye on it. Otherwise, the Sako TRG sling can be split "back pac" style and makes carrying the rifle slung another option.