• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cartridge display

Thinking now maybe a coffee table with a glass top

I could send some weird competition pistol cartridges. 38 super, super comp, and tj. I think I also have some 9 x 21 and 9 x 23 I could seat something into.

PM me your address. I may have an old 41 short rimfire laying around still. Unfired.

This is becoming epic.
I’m ocd so the organization for me is key

do you separate by:
year created
Pistol /rifle
Us/european
Original or primary MFG
By cal (556 in same section as 22lr) etc

You know the next step is projectiles...don’t you

Pm sent to Brink, TRPrecision, Zatchmo

OK guys, just wanted to say thank you for all the help again. Just wanted to give you guys a bit of an update. Right now my son is spending all his time polishing up the brass with some steel wool. As was mentioned in one of the previous posts we were looking at building a shadowbox, now it looks like we may be looking at a coffee table display. So as it stands right now it, The display is arranged in caliber sizes from smallest to biggest. First there is a rimfire section from 17 to 22 Magnum. Then we start off with 17 caliber centerfire moving on up to larger diameter calibers. It looks like the wildcat section, pistol section and big bore section will have to be displayed in a different way. Maybe those will go in a shadowbox and hung on the wall. If you guys have any suggestions on how to display, please let me know. I am going to somehow display military cartridges alongside their civilian counterpart, and hopefully a Ackley improved section.
None of this could be done without the help from you guys here on the forum. I am sincerely grateful. I will keep everyone updated as I go along. If you are interested

If it’s going to be a static display (unable to remove for show and tell), I suggest putting them on a slight angle toward the viewer.

Most of the displays show the side profile but not the neck /projo size.

It’s fun to see the 50bmg brass and say “wow” but when you see the diameter compared to a 223 or 762 it puts it in perspective l

Possibly shadow box with a rotating/tilting shelf

Klemm, Didn't you open up a can of worms?
I sent one example and am sure others did too.
This should be a really great learning experience for your son. Hopefully, that the shooting community, will help out a person trying to learn and he learns all of are not bad people.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
You are 100% correct. Thank you Foul Mike

Thinking what I might need, is a corner stand with vertical shelves going up the wall. Put each caliber display on each shelf, larger capacity towards the back smaller cartridges towards the front.

Original idea
89B8FE46-7B4A-4FD3-A6E9-C3C1FEEF7D7D.jpeg
BE98EAE6-768D-4931-A566-EE38DEF53BFA.png

Reactions: roostercogburn98
Maybe like the one you just posted but with some polished stainless steel slats or polycarbonate mirror slats behind the cartridges.

edit- some tape strip style led lights around the border at the top and sides as well

Reactions: Foul Mike